Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't own one yet, but I was reading through the manual and saw the features that the dealer can personalize...

Setting Available customization Initial Setting After Setting Change
Auto headlight on/off The headlight illumination 2000―4000 lx 1000―2000 lx
on/off timing based
on the surrounding lightness/
darkness can be changed.

Turn indicator Beep volume level can be changed High Low/Deactivated

Key reminder alarm The volume of the key reminder High Low
warning alarm can be changed.

Lights-on reminder The volume of the lights-on reminder High Low/Deactivated
warning alarm can be changed.

Illumination entry The time required for the interior 15 seconds 7.5/30/60 seconds
lamp to turnoff automatically after
all doors are closed can be changed.

The function allowing the interior Activated Deactivated
lamp to illuminate automatically
when the ignition is switched off
can be deactivated.

lamp to illuminate automatically
when the doors are unlocked can
be deactivated.

The time required for the interior 30 minutes 10 minutes
lamp to turn off automatically can
be changed (prevents battery
depletion when a door is open/ajar).

The time required for the interior 30 seconds 7.5/15/60 seconds
lamp to illuminate after unlocking
any door can be changed.

lamp to turn off automatically
when any door is opened (or not
securely closed) can be changed.

Smart turn The function allowing the turn Deactivated Activated
signal lights to flash three times
with a momentary turn switch
operation (when changing lanes)
can be activated.

Although this is an information post for those who don't know that this can be done, why in the hell did they not activate the "Smart Turn" feature from the factory? It's electronic and doesn't take any extra time. I guess I think its a nice feature to have (Volvo's, Bimmers, etc have this feature standard, and so could the 3). I guess it just put me in a bad mood to see that it wasn't activated from the factory. When I trade up, I'll make sure to change mine :)

· Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for posting this!

It's nice that you can turn down the volume of this stupid chimes that are designed for reminding the 77-year old woman (who shouldn't be driving anyways!) to fasten her seatbelt.

I assume you can change Smart Key settings if you have the Tech Package? Does it say anything about that? I.e. if it unlocks all or just the driver's door when you have the smart key in your pocket and unlock the driver's door.

· Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly, there are few settings to change, but you can have it set to automatically lock the doors when the smart key is no longer sensed (ie, you were in a hurry and ran away from your car - it'll automatically lock itself). I think you can do the keyless where you press unlock on the remote once and it can unlock all the doors.

· Registered
660 Posts
[quote author=turbospecc link=topic=140891.msg3038557#msg3038557 date=1238865688]
It's nice that you can turn down the volume of this stupid chimes that are designed for reminding the 77-year old woman (who shouldn't be driving anyways!) to fasten her seatbelt.
[/quote]

That can be disabled on all the 3's, I think. I had it disabled on my 2009. Read your owners manual.

· Registered
34 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 s Grand touring w the Bose package and tech package (includes advanced key). Took it to the dealer with the personalization card and they activated my Smart Turn and changed a few timings on the interior lighting; however, they were unable to re-program it so that you can unlock all doors at once with one push on the keyfob or one push on the door button.. they said the personalization card is generic for all Mazda's and that my car doesn't allow that.... I find it annoying that I have to push twice everytime I need all doors opened...

· Registered
34 Posts
Update:
Had to play a couple dealers off each other to get this done, but it's working now!! I can unlock all doors at once with one push of the keyfob or door switch!! It appears that some technicians don't know how to do it or don't want to spend the time and effort... the only thing they didn't do for me was change the re-lock time to 90 secs to give me more time to get in the car when I unlock it from a distance (I do that to allow the systems to boot up... that's needed on BMW's, so I figured it's also needed on Mazdas's), but I guess I'll live with the 30 secs...

· Registered
206 Posts
That smart turn thing sounds nice since i usually turn off the signal right after i turn it on when i make a lane change.

· Registered
34 Posts
Well I get free oil changes for life at my dealer's...but I just bought the car and didn't wanna wait till my next oil change (5,000 miles or so!) to get my personalized settings.... I think the salespeople need to ask you to fill the card out before you take delivery, that way you have the car the way you want it when you drive off the lot!

· Registered
1,544 Posts
[quote author=BabelFish link=topic=140891.msg3306740#msg3306740 date=1251831098]
I just bought a 2010 Mazda 3 s Grand touring w the Bose package and tech package (includes advanced key). Took it to the dealer with the personalization card and they activated my Smart Turn and changed a few timings on the interior lighting; however, they were unable to re-program it so that you can unlock all doors at once with one push on the keyfob or one push on the door button.. they said the personalization card is generic for all Mazda's and that my car doesn't allow that.... I find it annoying that I have to push twice everytime I need all doors opened...
[/quote]

You got lied to my friend....had mine set that way along with other settings. Take it back and tell them to do it the right way.

· Registered
588 Posts
[quote author=speedlimits link=topic=140891.msg3308151#msg3308151 date=1251913502]
That smart turn thing sounds nice since i usually turn off the signal right after i turn it on when i make a lane change.
[/quote]
See... my problem with the automatic three-flash thing is that I'll tap the turn signal stalk to change lanes, and then when I release it, it keeps flashing so I instinctively think that the turn signal stalk stuck in whatever direction I pushed it. I then try pushing it the other way to cancel, and end up getting three flashes in the opposite direction. It got to the point where I would push the stalk all the way to the lock position, just so it would cancel when I pulled it back to the middle. Maybe if I had to live with it for a while I'd get used to it, but it drove me nuts for the entire week that I had a Vulva with this feature, and given my druthers, I'd rather never see it on another car that I drive again.

· Registered
365 Posts
do you think getting the "Smart Turn" activated would cost anything? I would like to have that option. I called my dealer and they never heard of it...lol

· Registered
588 Posts
[quote author=Sean2010 link=topic=140891.msg3369321#msg3369321 date=1255540897]
do you think getting the "Smart Turn" activated would cost anything? I would like to have that option. I called my dealer and they never heard of it...lol
[/quote]

It shouldn't cost anything... and if your dealer did try to charge you for it, I'd find out how to contact Corporate customer service and report the dealer. There's a reason why the fine print on the setup card says that it's to be returned to Mazda after you turn it in.

· Registered
365 Posts
[quote author=leeharvey418 link=topic=140891.msg3370045#msg3370045 date=1255567625]
[quote author=Sean2010 link=topic=140891.msg3369321#msg3369321 date=1255540897]
[/quote]

It shouldn't cost anything... and if your dealer did try to charge you for it, I'd find out how to contact Corporate customer service and report the dealer. There's a reason why the fine print on the setup card says that it's to be returned to Mazda after you turn it in.
[/quote]

Ok well i'm calling now and will report back.

· Registered
4 Posts
[quote author=BabelFish link=topic=140891.msg3306885#msg3306885 date=1251836919]
Update:
Had to play a couple dealers off each other to get this done, but it's working now!! I can unlock all doors at once with one push of the keyfob or door switch!! It appears that some technicians don't know how to do it or don't want to spend the time and effort... the only thing they didn't do for me was change the re-lock time to 90 secs to give me more time to get in the car when I unlock it from a distance (I do that to allow the systems to boot up... that's needed on BMW's, so I figured it's also needed on Mazdas's), but I guess I'll live with the 30 secs...
[/quote]

Ran into similar issue with relock, going back tomorrow to try and make them do it or acknowledge in writing that they were unable so that I can have them do it at later date once I take it up above the dealers.

· Registered
4 Posts
[quote author=Kalent link=topic=140891.msg3390353#msg3390353 date=1256742290]
Do all 2010 3s have this personalization feature? My dealer never told me about it and I have never seen any personalization cards or anything. I don't have the tech package.
[/quote]
Think they should. check your owners manual. there was section in back (if I recall correctly) in mine. I also do not have tech package.

· Registered
106 Posts
[quote author=lhasadad link=topic=140891.msg3390470#msg3390470 date=1256745312]
[quote author=Kalent link=topic=140891.msg3390353#msg3390353 date=1256742290]
Do all 2010 3s have this personalization feature? My dealer never told me about it and I have never seen any personalization cards or anything. I don't have the tech package.
[/quote]
Think they should. check your owners manual. there was section in back (if I recall correctly) in mine. I also do not have tech package.
[/quote]

This is correct, the last few pages contained the info I was looking for, thanks. The only thing I'm interested in is the smart turn and auto relock delay. My service appointment just so happens to be tomorrow so I'll see if my dealer actually knows what they're doing and report back!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.