24. Plasti-Dipped car
25. Autopower 4 Point Race Roll bar
26. Corbeau seat brackets double locking sliders for both sides
27. Corbeau FX1 Pro Driver/Regular FX1 Passenger
28. Racequip 6 points harnesses

Need to be installed:

Possible Future Mods List:

1. Brake Ducts - soon
2. Blank front/rear centric rotors + Hawk DTC60 front pads and Hawk HT-10 rear pads (track). Blank front/rear centric rotors + Stoptech Street Performance pads (street) - whenever the current pads die (they are still at around half life)
8. Slowly strip down interior (rear mostly stripped)
9. Motorcraft XT-M5-QS MTF Fluid (Once I hit 30-40k)
10. Bags
11. Boost

Now here is a bunch of random pictures:

First Auto-x

Cruise Photos

Snow Pictures

Some Mod Photos

Header Being Made

Before my first Hyperdrive at VIR

On the track for my first Hyperdrive/track time

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thoughts after my Hyperdrive this weekend:

Well the car took the abuse on its first Hyperdrive without issue. Had a lot of fun. The video I got was 30 mins long so I'm going to have to edit it when I get time. Had no mechanical issues what so ever. Brakes didn't do bad, I was surprised for how well they did for being stock and pushing it pretty hard under my abilities. Everything thing went well and passed some people only to be passed by and e90 M3 on the back straight (surprise) haha. I learned a lot about the driving line thanks to my instructor Brian Maeng who was awesome.

Also, Getting a head start on the install tomorrow. Heat shield out. PB blasted everywhere. Going to get a vid of open header before I finish it maybe even taching it out haha. Going to be so loud....

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Nice work so far.

When you go looking for that trans fluid, I have a link to K-man's parts in my build thread (first page, first post) which is the cheapest place I've found on the interwebs to get the stuff. Much cheaper than my local Ford-bendoverandgrabyourankles-dealership wanted to charge me even after shipping.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work so far.

When you go looking for that trans fluid, I have a link to K-man's parts in my build thread (first page, first post) which is the cheapest place I've found on the interwebs to get the stuff. Much cheaper than my local Ford-bendoverandgrabyourankles-dealership wanted to charge me even after shipping.
Thank you and I'll have to remember and message you. I was going to just get it off Amazon which wasn't terrible price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Header install went fail, waiting on a new primary 02 sensor maybe sometimes next week it will get here since it didn't want to come out with anything I tried even with the 02 socket (Pb blaster, breaker bar with cheater, wrench, heat gun, impact). Secondary came off with a wrench turn. Oh well I guess...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well suddenly the wild 02 sensor appeared and has gone through sorting and out for delivery. It went from nothing for 2 days to being going through sorting completely. It traveled through the night from Sandston. Crazy. Something I didn't expect that's for sure.

Welp, hopefully I can get everything settled tonight, it will probably be a long one trying to fix exhaust leaks with my luck the whole damn thing will leak
. I'm such an optimist

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was a big install week/weekend. Got me and a friends header in along with mine. Had to do a few tricks to get that all settled. Then test fitted the wheels today! And everything is set with that thanks to to my friend Jesse. Said fuck it and took an angle grinder to the rear fender lip. Really really small roll in the front with some heat and wooden end to a hammer.

It was a long process of adjusting the rear camber arms to get them to fit. Fronts literally had literally no clearance and only needed a slight roll, like a few millimeters. Grinded the rears all the way down than cambered them. They have a bit more camber than needed but I'll fix that later. Feels good to have these one.

The wheels are Gramlight 57xtreme in Graphite 17x9 +40 with Bridgestone re11a 245/40/17. These things make a huge difference. They grip like hell... I could already push them 10mph harder than my other tires and they weren't even warm and it is 48 degrees out. Car feels a bit stiffer now. I actually need a new RMM because of how much stickier these beasts are. I'm getting wheel hop on bumpier turns when pushing it foot to the floor. Cars turn in feels a bit more heavy and a little slower but once it turns in it pulls hard and sticks. Steering is a bit heavier as well but nothing degrading. Very satisfied with them already.

I'll get good pictures soon. But, here are some for now:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After the alignment today at Firestone. Sitting super flush now.

Front Specs:

Toe (a little toe in the front for braking and such)
Right: 0.1
Left: 0.1

Camber
Right: -2
Left: -1.8

Caster
Right: 3.3
Left: 3.5

Rear Specs:

Toe (close to 0 as possible)
Right: 0.01
Left: 0.01

Camber
Right: -1.9
Left: -2.1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, today I made the big jump. I'm officially getting tuned by OVTuning. Tactrix and key will be here sometime next week and I'll keep updating as we go. very excited to start this. Hoping to be on the dyno by mid-May. I will be unbiased as possible and will give positive and negative feedback on the product and customer service

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Placed first in the class I was in today. This is only the 2nd time I've auto crossed too so I was satisfied to say the least. I was in DSP but they for sure put me in the wrong class. I'm pretty sure I'm SMF. If I was in street prep I should have been in FSP not DSP. Regardless I won the class haha. A couple Speed3's and others. I ran some seriously good times for this car. These tires and wheels did amazing..... I highly recommend the tires! Was a great day. Had several really nice compliments from people and questions about my wheel/tire set up

I'll add some videos in a bit

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be watching this build! Congrats on first place man, things look like they are going well. Those copper/gold rims sit very nicely on her. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright. It has been awhile since I've updated this thread. So he is a long post. Here are the auto-x videos.

First Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZDag0h5CWg

Second Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH4n-xPHbFw

Third Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEnYTHfobs4

Fourth Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t70Qq-gEmQ

Next, here are pictures from the auto-x

I've gone catless

Before:

Cutting:

After:

I installed TRZ RMM

Finally! I'm in the process of getting OVTuned. I'm on the 6th revision file and boy I'm loving it. My butt dyno is feeling real nice. This thing has way more pull. It is so nice and flat I love it. I'm only slightly knocking 4000-5000. So we are almost at the peak power I;m going to make. But, he is upping the timing at lower rpm and higher to try to eek more power out of it. He is also adjusting AFR's and other things Car feels damn smooth. I just can't believe this beast. If I can get into the high 170s on a dyno or low 180s would be awesome. Vdyno's are usually only a few percent off so this is looking solid. The more revisions the better this thing gets.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well. Sadly the tuning process is finished. Just got my 8th file and finished paying for the tune. Overall:

Customer service - was great! Answered all my questions. I even got to understand some of the knitting gritty things about VVT and such when I asked. And he tried to explain all the questions to his best of his ability so I could understand. He was very prompt. He answered usually within a few minutes or hour and always within the same day unless it was way late at night which is understandable. He actually talked to me on a personal level sometimes which was nice. He also got the tuning files he adjusted back either the same day or the next morning after I logged them.

Product - it feels good. Pedal feel is great. Wayyy more linear than stock. 1st gear feels like nothing now. It pulls up so quick it is crazy. I can feel the low end the most out of all of it. Torque seems way flatter and higher. Car pulls great 2k+ now in lower gears and you get an actual tiny push back in 1st and somewhat in 2nd gear. The car used to die anywhere below 5k, actually the stock tune just completely sucked and I probably could never go back now. I would just hate it. Car also has a bit more push up top than before. Red-line is 7200 now from 6500. Speed limiter is set to 150 and I'm not going to try to push the car that high probably can only get it to 120 at VIR. I'm very impressed with how the car feels now. I will be hopefully going to the dyno with some people this month near the mid or end of it to see some real numbers. I'm hoping for real numbers to be in the 170s for hp and 150s for torque. For now, the tune according to Vdyno from stock tune until now has netted me 20+ peak hp/tq, about 30ish tq at the lower end all around from 2k-4k, and wayyyy more drive ability.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Brake line brackets on the way. Power window motor on the way as my driver's side one decided to not work. Taking the door panel off was "exciting"...... lol. Also, turn on headlights his morning and drivers side is dead. Awesome. So looks like time to go to AutoZone or Advance. Going to have some very last minute preparations for Hyperfest. Going to check my oil level as I know I'm sure I burned a crap ton during the tuning process.

Also, picked up this: http://tackform.com/shop/extended-headrest-mount/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shit is in. Window works, and brake lines fixed. Aw yeah. Yes my collars are rusted. I plan to never change my height anyways....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Go Pro Headrest mount came in today. Hell yeah now I can watch my slow driving on a track, auto-x, and mountains from the inside

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Autopower Roll Bar, Corbeau FX1 Seats, and Racequip 6 point harnesses installed:

Pics from my school's car show this weekend:
CarShow16 (1).jpg

26238435515_e6a64e7229_k.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
You will be amazed how much better you will feel the car on track, with your body planted firmly to the seat. Great additions, and you'll wonder why you waited so long. My opinion is that auto crossing as a starter, will make you smoother on track. Your Road Atlanta Videos show this. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts