Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amp just broke and to replace the Bose the dealer wants $1800. After market is quoting me $850 for a Rockford. I really just want the system to sound the same but can’t pay $1800. Suggestions on a good brand replacement and anything else I need to know.

·
Registered
362 Posts
One option would be to buy a Bose amp on eBay for a bit over $200 and swap them out. Another option is salvage yards. I searched and found that Foreign Auto Salvage has one listed on car-part.com for $105.50. (859) 341-1920

If it were me, I would use it as an opportunity to replace the amp with a non Bose four channel amp and also replace your four door speakers at the same time. You will lose your subwoofer going this route, but one can be added later. Find a small amp that will fit under the seat where the Bose amp was, and simply wire it up using the speaker level inputs. This will sound cleaner and less muddy than the Mazda 3 Bose system. I am not a Bose basher, as there are plenty of those around, but the system in the 3 really isn't that great to be honest.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You used to be able to get a free replacement direct from Bose. However, they ended that program shortly before March 2021 (when my amp crapped out and I emailed them). Apparently this model is discontinued and no longer supported.

Talk to Ed at paulisoncorpserv.com

I’m relatively local to him and was able to drop mine off one day when I happened to be in the area to save on shipping. He might have one on the shelf already that he can swap out, or the repair will only take a few days. It’s hard to beat for $125 with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It did! We sent it off from CA to NJ where Paul is located per the ordering system he has. We got it back in about 2 weeks after he received. Slipped it back in and works perfectly! SO much better than the $$$$ quotes we were getting for new systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts