Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my Bose amp with a new amp. looking for something easy to install myself. Im not very techy when it comes to audio systems. not looking for a crazy loud system either. I just want to listen to the radio again! Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Bose amp went out and I had it removed. They wanted around 1600.00 to install a new one, so I have been without any type of stereo for almost a year! I checked around and the cheapest I found for a Bose amp was about $900.00. Hopefully someone can give us a good option.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Look, the Bose amp and speakers are garbage. Don't get me wrong, they have some nice systems, like on my new CX-30, however, the Bose system in the 2010 Mazda 3 is a cheap, lousy sounding system.

Your best option is to buy a compact 4-5 channel amp and replace your door and sail panel speakers with good aftermarket speakers. Place the amp under the driver's seat. If you want even better sound, add a powered subwoofer under the passenger seat. You now have a system that will sound light years better than the stock Bose system, cost less, and take up no more interior or trunk room. It will require a bit of wiring prowess, but it is not that difficult.

The Bose amp is not worth $50, let alone $900.

And lest you think, I am not a Bose basher. I own Bose speakers in my home that I like, and as above the CX-30 system is nice. But the 3 Bose system...it sucks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to replace my Bose amp with a new amp. looking for something easy to install myself. Im not very techy when it comes to audio systems. not looking for a crazy loud system either. I just want to listen to the radio again! Please help!
What did you replace it with? My amp just went out and they want $1700 it replace it. An audio shop is suggesting a Rockford but mentioned nothing about replacing speakers. Suggestions????

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jodi you need to replace the speakers because the Bose amp is matched to the Bose speakers in impedance and in the equalization curves that they use to make it sound okay. An aftermarket amp will blow out the speakers, and they won't sound correct before they blow. Just get ANY decent coaxial or triaxial or even quad axial 6.5" speakers. I am partial to Pioneer, but others are fine as well. If you spend $30 per speaker you will be getting way better sound than the stock Bose speakers, which honestly are probably quality wise equivalent to $5 speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts