Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my Bose amp with a new amp. looking for something easy to install myself. Im not very techy when it comes to audio systems. not looking for a crazy loud system either. I just want to listen to the radio again! Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Bose amp went out and I had it removed. They wanted around 1600.00 to install a new one, so I have been without any type of stereo for almost a year! I checked around and the cheapest I found for a Bose amp was about $900.00. Hopefully someone can give us a good option.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Look, the Bose amp and speakers are garbage. Don't get me wrong, they have some nice systems, like on my new CX-30, however, the Bose system in the 2010 Mazda 3 is a cheap, lousy sounding system.

Your best option is to buy a compact 4-5 channel amp and replace your door and sail panel speakers with good aftermarket speakers. Place the amp under the driver's seat. If you want even better sound, add a powered subwoofer under the passenger seat. You now have a system that will sound light years better than the stock Bose system, cost less, and take up no more interior or trunk room. It will require a bit of wiring prowess, but it is not that difficult.

The Bose amp is not worth $50, let alone $900.

And lest you think, I am not a Bose basher. I own Bose speakers in my home that I like, and as above the CX-30 system is nice. But the 3 Bose system...it sucks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts