Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive access to a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L motor and I need to replace my 2005 Mazda 3 2.3L
But most of the info Ive seen is about the Ford swap.. is there anyone here I can plug my mechanic into and type this out a bit.. Im a pensioner looking to extend the life of my car.. my mech has access to the motor and will do it for darn reasonable.. but has yet to do one of these swaps..

Help
Bruce

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes the motor will fit and work fine. Anything different on it may need to be transferred over, like for example if the oil pans are different, in which case also the oil pick up tube needs swapping. Also, the intake manifold from the 2.5 will be needed as the 2.3 manifold won't fully cover the larger intake openings in the 2.5 head. Adapter plates are sold on eBay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes it will like stated above. If you need the adaptor plates, I have them. I bought them when I did my swap but found a deal on a cx7 intake. The nice thing about using a mazda 2.5 instead of a ford is you shouldnt have to swap any of the sensors…

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yes the motor will fit and work fine. Anything different on it may need to be transferred over, like for example if the oil pans are different, in which case also the oil pick up tube needs swapping. Also, the intake manifold from the 2.5 will be needed as the 2.3 manifold won't fully cover the larger intake openings in the 2.5 head. Adapter plates are sold on eBay.
He would also need to swap one of the camshafts and possibly the timing cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts