Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone my fiance has a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L with 110k Miles on it. We are getting married in December and as a good fiance/husband what should I expect. she drives it like a grandma and I push it from time to time the thing is so much FUN!! So what should I watch out for going out, going forward? I wanna take good car of the car and max out its life.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey everyone my fiance has a 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L with 110k Miles on it. We are getting married in December and as a good fiance/husband what should I expect. she drives it like a grandma and I push it from time to time the thing is so much FUN!! So what should I watch out for going out, going forward? I wanna take good car of the car and max out its life.
Spark plugs are usually due at around 100k miles if they haven't been done. A full fluid refresh usually what I do anytime I buy a car over 100k miles. It just makes me confident about the knowing that everything is fresh. Check the condition of the coolant and brake fluid, if they're clean then they may be okay. Definitely probably do a transmission fluid change especially if it's never been done, regardless if it's auto or manual. Same for power steering fluid. If you do plugs, check if there's oil in the plug wells, the valve covers are notorious for leaking.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
With good care the 2.5 should last you 250,000+ miles. If you had a garbage 2.3 instead you could reasonably expect 190,000-210,000 at most (although there are outliers getting more or less than this. Clutch lasts about 150,000 depending on how you drive it. Automatics last a lot longer if the fluid is exchanged regularly, but at $10/quart this is not a cheap task, as it holds about 9 quarts and a drain and fill is about 4 quarts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Canada and had the exact same car. Obviously, follow the maintenance schedule in the manual.

The main weakness are the Caliper. Bleed your brakes regularly (Example : every 12k miles). Humidity finds its way in the caliper. Refreshing the fluid will prevent the inner parts to rust and and the calipers to jam. If they jam, your wheels will overheat and will cause premature bearing failures.

Bushings are the second weakness. I had to change both control arms at exactly the current milage you are at. Nothing much you can do to prevent this.

Watch for underbody rust. Apply some rust proof when needed.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts