Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a custom-built programmable horn into my 2010 3 hatch. I'd like to cancel the factory door lock horn sound, and reroute whatever provides the signal for the horn to beep on door lock, to my new module to trigger my module to play the customized sound. I just need to know what wire sends signal to beep the horn when you press the remote twice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm putting a custom-built programmable horn into my 2010 3 hatch. I'd like to cancel the factory door lock horn sound, and reroute whatever provides the signal for the horn to beep on door lock, to my new module to trigger my module to play the customized sound. I just need to know what wire sends signal to beep the horn when you press the remote twice.
be carefull , that same circut arms the alarm - if you want a cool sound - consider a dedicated system - playing with factory wiring can create gremlins - then again im a full OEM advocate -

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd like to cancel the factory door lock horn sound
The keyless beep is different than the horn, right? (I have a 2006, when the beep was from the same horn as the steering wheel.) I believe your 2010 has a beep module behind the LF mudguard, medial and rear to the strut. Looking at the 2010 factory service manual, it appears the positive voltage and the ground for the beeper speaker come from 4L and 4Z of the keyless module connector, respectively:

With the keyless control module being up under the dash, near the left of the steering column. I'd recommend back-probing those connectors with a multimeter, so you can better understand the signal that's generated for stimulating the beep. The circuit diagram has a symbol before the beeper that I'm not familiar with (that accordion/bellows-looking symbol):

I think it might represent "twisted pairs" that mitigate signal interference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The keyless beep is different than the horn, right? (I have a 2006, when the beep was from the same horn as the steering wheel.) I believe your 2010 has a beep module behind the LF mudguard, medial and rear to the strut. Looking at the 2010 factory service manual, it appears the positive voltage and the ground for the beeper speaker come from 4L and 4Z of the keyless module connector, respectively:
View attachment 105734
With the keyless control module being up under the dash, near the left of the steering column. I'd recommend back-probing those connectors with a multimeter, so you can better understand the signal that's generated for stimulating the beep. The circuit diagram has a symbol before the beeper that I'm not familiar with (that accordion/bellows-looking symbol):
View attachment 105735
I think it might represent "twisted pairs" that mitigate signal interference.
Actually, it is the same horn, just as in yours. I think inmight just isolate the horn circuit by removing it from the BCM, and use those same BCM pins to power a new relay, which I will use to control a 5v signal to my new module. This will probably sacrifice my panic button, which I don't really care about because I never use it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually, it is the same horn, just as in yours. I think inmight just isolate the horn circuit by removing it from the BCM, and use those same BCM pins to power a new relay, which I will use to control a 5v signal to my new module. This will probably sacrifice my panic button, which I don't really care about because I never use it.
Do update this thread with your results -- I'm sure someone will be able to learn from your efforts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts