Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our fellow tuners from CobaltSS.Net are organizing their second annual western canada meet. although its headlined as a GM meet, anyone interested is welcome to come.

DATE : JULY 18th and 19th, 2009 (95% sure)
TIME : not yet determined

preliminary agenda for the 18th:

groups will be meeting near camrose at the Camrose Regional Expo grounds all morning, with the idea of having a show'n'shine, maybe judged w/ awards, maybe just for fun.
approx 3pm, head out for a cruise to devon? edmonton? around?
arrive at Castrol 5-6pm, race till they kick us out...
head back to the CRE for camping, drinking, etc (optional, $12/night for tents)

they are working on prices for use of the different venues at the moment, and i will keep updating as often as i have new info. they are hoping to bring the final cost down less than $50/vehicle but of course, the more people signed up and ready to pay, the cheaper it will be for everyone.

let me know what kind of interest there is in this, even if the morning sucks, i think the time at Castrol will be money well spent.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quick update:

july 18th
CRE 11-3:30
Castrol 4:30-11
CRE campground

july 19th
?????

cost per car is $23 for CRE (includes camping), still waiting on a final cost from castrol.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: 2009 Western Canada Meet @ Castrol!!!

so the CRE stuff was scrapped in favor of the deal from castrol. gates open at 11:00, with racing in the afternoon. free admission to the monster jam event that night, as well as camping there. $25/driver and $15/guests. there is only about 45 confirmed cars from CSS.net so far, so lots of track time compared to a street legals night.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If my tune is running right and nothing is happening that weekend I should be there, a friend with an STI might be interested as well.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
I'll probably be at home touching myself inappropriately....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the latest news:
still waiting for price confirmation from Castrol, but it sounds like less than $50 for track time, Monster Jam admission, and camping. not sure if that is per car (it better be...) or if there will be an admission charge for spectators. it probably still works out to be cheaper than tickets to Monster Jam though....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Straight from the Guy....
I just got off the phone with Denny at Castrol. Total cost for the track is $2500. Including track prep (VHT and shit), and track tech. Castrol is willing to take a $500 hit. (Because of who my dad is) So that brings it down to $2000. He's hoping the Mopar club from Edmonton can halve the cost so we only have to pay $1000. So if we get 50 cars, that's $20 a car. If the Mopar guys do not commit, it's $40 a car, if we get 50 cars. This is where RVSP is brutally important. I do not want to end up being owing after all the registration, and I don't want to be left with money after. This is a volunteer position! I guess if it's like $50-$100, I can write a check to my good buddy Mark for all the hard work he's done, but I would prefer to at the end, be not short or gain at all.

So if you know ANYONE that you think would like to come, ask them. Just as long as they are in the same kind of time bracket (10-20 seconds 1/4 mile) or estimated to be. If we get 100 cars to the meet, that brings the price down to $10 a car. Also, if you are bringing guests, please PM me. I need to add them into the equation.

As for camping, he's not sure. He'll either charge us for Sunday or kick us out by 11am. I told him the latter is definitely preferred. We can head to a Timmies in Edmonton for our cruise and have lunch and then head out from there. That sounds pretty decent to me.

For the Monster Jam, I'm 75% sure he told me he'll let us into the Monster Jam for free. I have to confirm with him on that.

So, here's your homework:
Invite more people, invite up to three guests (Exceptions can happen, it's to make sure we don't end up with cops).
Cross your fingers the Mopar guys confirm.
PM me if you are inviting guests and how many, and what their names are (just need names at this point)

That's all for now! I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I hear more!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
camping and monster jam admission are being thrown in as freebies by Castrol, so $28 isnt really any more than a friday night. registration prices go up the longer you wait, so if your interested i would get on it sooner than later.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts