Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all over the forums for this, if there is a thread on it (which I swear there was somewhere) I'd be happy to be referred to it otherwise, what is the difference between a 2008.5 and 2009 Mazdaspeed3 GT. I've noticed that I can saved 4k-5k just by getting a 8.5 vs 09. Just curious what the 09 has over the 8.5. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
The 09 is a carry-over 08.5.

Those savings are significant. I've not seen anyone post that type of spread before as the invoice and MSRP is relatively the same on both years.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I've read on here people are having trouble with the Cobb AP with the 09. so I imagine the ecu has some changes. I haven;t really looked into it further because it doesn;t really effect me. But astetically the 8.5 and the 09 are more alike than the 08 and .85

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I love this place. Based on the answers I'm definitely going for a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT BM! I've been following the good deals thread and been asking around and I've been seeing people get the 2008.5 for 19k - 20k OTD recently and in 3 months when I buy I have a feeling that the economy will help me out even more. At the same time I consistently see people getting the 2009 for 24k or even 25k OTD. Thanks again for the info. I'll post pics and info once I make my purchase!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
:shock: Invoice on a 08.5 Sport is right at $21,000. If someone is getting one for $19k OTD then it's being sold for at the most $17k.

Even in today's crappy economy, 19k OTD on a brand new mazdaspeed3? I call BS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.