Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, sorry if I'm posting this wrong haha but I am looking into getting a speed3 in white and at the mazda dealer they have it marked for 21 with 18,000 miles on it. It has a clean record but its been repaired.. The guy who owned it previously hit a curb? And there's def overspray on the front lower grill of the car... not to mention on top of the fog light theres two hardcore scratches (I'm guessing from him hitting the curb) The carpet inside passenger side is untucked, and on the driver side its ripped a little....

The guy pretty much told me they're not going to sell it under 20,000.

Question is.... is it worth it? forgot to mention its the GT... if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
That's a seriously offensive price, even if it were in better shape... given the stated condition of the car, I wouldn't ever go back there, much less consider it even for significantly less.

For comparison, I helped a friend buy an 08 Speed3 GT for $16k private party with about the same mileage over a year ago, and it was MINT -- like, could have passed for new. Still had the stock plastic on the mats and everything, all maintenance records, etc. This was a killer deal you probably won't be able to match, but is closer to realistic than what you're looking at.

Keep looking, you can find a much better one for much less!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Yeah, that price definitely sucks. I have noticed that the prices of speeds has been going way up since the beginning of the year however not that badly.

For full disclosure, I'm selling my speed and PMd you about it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=M3_love link=topic=195302.msg4096237#msg4096237 date=1313794527]
[/quote]

I would've just replied "Then you're not going to be selling it to me." and left.

With your description and their attitude I'd look to get it in the 17.5 range.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeahh.... pretty wack. sure ill take yours :) haha

still looking though. :lol:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=shamie link=topic=195302.msg4111967#msg4111967 date=1316199830]
[quote author=M3_love link=topic=195302.msg4096237#msg4096237 date=1313794527]
[/quote]

I would've just replied "Then you're not going to be selling it to me." and left.

With your description and their attitude I'd look to get it in the 17.5 range.
[/quote]

I should've I dont know why i didnt, but that def is my range. 17.5 wouldve been perfect for that

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edit*** 2008 speed3 for 16? (opinions needed)

CWP it has 56k miles its a sports...I'm thinking 12 tops is that too much of a low blow? and what do you guys think i should pay tops for this?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I bought my 09 MZ3 S-touring Sedan brand new for 21K. Even though yours is a GT Speed3...yeah that's way too much.

If you can find an equivalent deal at another dealership, show this guy that deal, and he may try to beat it. going back and forth like that is a good way to get a price down, but of course that only works if you can find one. 09 Speed3's are not very commonly found in used dealership lots, especially GT ones.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah... I noticed that... but any opinions on the 08 speed3 s?

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
There is no difference between a 2008.5 and 2009 Mazdaspeed3. There is a difference between 2008 and 2008.5/2009, though. Nothing mechanically, just piano black trim, alacantra with leather-trimmed seats (on the GT model) and Crystal White Pearl was then made available.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah f my life. but yeah dumbass dealer sold it to an acution today... I was like WTF! I def talked to the dude and said I was going to come check it out today! wellllll on the search again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts