Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

New to this board. I just bought a 09 speed 3. I have looked over the board and none of the faq wiring diagrams seem to match the colors I have. I have the factory head unit out and am looking that the stock wiring harness and don't have the same colors mentioned in the walk thru's or faqs. I found one mention that the harness changed late 08. Does anyone have the 09 bose head unit speaker wire colors? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
The colors may have changed, but I suspect the signals stayed in the same places on the harness. Which wires specifically are you looking for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm installing a powered sub (bazooka). I got it "working". Based on Vaboom's guide, and the response on this thread, I assumed the order of the wires was still the same even if the colors changed. Looking at the factory harness with the clip facing up, I gathered that the first for wires on the top row were the front left and right channels. The second 4 wires were the Rear channels.

I hooked the powered sub up to the last four wires on the top row (hopefully the rear channels). The sub works, it just seems to be kind of low volume/output. I've tried every combo of wiring to the speaker thinking it may be out of phase or something but the output is OK at best. I had this same sub hooked up in my truck and it had much more punch..... Could be acoustics I guess.

Do I have the wire order correct? Would a powered sub work at all if I have one set hooked to front channel and the other to rear?

Any confirmation of the wire order and color on an 09 Speed 3 would be appreciated.....

PS I used the yellow with silver dots for my remote turn on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...finally got it working correctly.

Take my advice.....use the FRONT CHANNEL lines from the head unit and connect them to your high level on your amp. For me at least, it produces the best power/sound quality....much better than using the rear channels or the sub connection after the amp......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts