Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to this form as well as to my 09 HB 3.  I was curious if anyone else has had issues with their stereo's reception.  Side by side with another stereo, the 3 has very poor reception.  I didn't know if this was a common problem on the '09's and if it worth my time trying to deal with the dealership on this one.  Or if there was an easy fix.

While playing CD's or audio through the aux input, the sound is better but still not as good as my old car which had old  (installed when we bought the car in '90) 100w pioneer speakers and a pioneer head unit (DEH-P3300).

Thanks for your help

I should also mention it has the stock 6 speaker, single disc CD/ non bose system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When you say poor reception, are you saying the FM signals don't come in very well? Or do they just not sound good to you?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both really.  The reception is sub par and I've noticed even with the aux input and cd the speakers leave something to be desired, as I get static/crackling in the speakers.  I'm not sure if it is just that the short stubby antenna doesn't pick up signals well or what.  My wife has an 07 GLI which has an almost "fin" antenna on it and it picks up fm stations much better than my 09 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts