Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here and would like your opinion on the new 2009 6s pricing.

Currently I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with four payments left on my lease. I was in the dealership the other day looking at the new mazda 6. The one I am interested in is GT V6 w/ Luxury Package; an MSRP of $35,000 (Can. $). This would make this the fourth Mazda I have gotten at this dealership and this is what they are offering me.

Essentially, they are giving me $1,320 discount on the car which I would use to pay off the remaining balance of my current lease. A lease rate of 3.5% which would make my monthly payments roughly $642 (Can. $), taxes in. This seems a tad high to me considering I have been a repeat customer to this dealer and figure they could do better.

Please let me know if anyones negotiations have got them a better discount and monthly payment then what I have been quoted.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you, more or less. My 2003 Mazda6 is fully paid off, and I'm debating a new car. The new Mazda6 is high on the list. I need to look into the pricing more, because it has definitely gone up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am no longer considering leasing anymore, the finance rates are more attractive; 1.9% and with the owner renewal discount the rate would become 0.9% for 60 months. I have not been back to the dealership since then, but I plan to go in the next few days and see what I can get. Hopefully I can get more than $1,320 off the MSRP.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Yeah, companies have really started making leases unattractive. Which makes sense - they can't move them at the end of 3 or however many years anymore.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm looking into a 09 MZ6 S touring with no options. The price after discounts here in Dallas, TX is $19379.
I gotta see what i can get on my 3 for trade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decision has been made and price finalized. The dealership agreed to $1,800 off the MSRP for the Mazda 6 GT V6 with Luxury Package. So that is every possible option for the car except for Navigation.

The MSRP for that trim level is $35,420 (before freight, PDI and taxes), so with the $1,800 off the price became $33,620; this is all in Canadian funds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2005 mazda 6 sport and my last payment is this month.. I have went to the new 2010 mazda 3 GT and went with the financing it is alot nicer and in the end it is your car.. Not like a lease were you pay all this money and then have to give it back.. Financing the veh it is yours when it is payed off and with the interest rates for financing you can't go wrong.. Plus if you don;t want your car after say 5-6 yrs you can trade the veh in for a newer one..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think there's a sizable "loyalty rebate" for people who already own a Mazda. Does it not apply to the Mazda6?

I'm no expert on leases, but isn't the payoff less than the total of the remaining payments?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well when you go and lease or finance another mazda you get 1% loyalty.. See I was going to buy out my mazda 6 but in the end it would of cost me more money to buy it out because they would of charged me 9% interest were as the new one is only 3.9%.. So I went into financing because the money you put into your payments is going to your own car.. Why pay all that money if you don't have plans to buy out your car at the end of your lease.. My dealer also told me that even if I wanted to trade in my car that I financed say in 5-6 yrs in the end they pay out the difference on your car and then you get another new car.. With financing also you can pay off your car it is an opened option not like a lease you have to make your payments every month and have to stay in that lease till it is over.. If you have a good rep at the mazda dealer he can tell you the options out there for you with leasing and financing.. They say that alot of people are heading towards financing.. Not to sure if this helps..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts