Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
First time poster...but...I've been lurking off and on for the past year! I just wanted to say you have a great site here and good info. My wife and I decided on a 2009 i-touring w. moonroof (metro grey) sedan. We are picking it up tomorrow afternoon! I couldn't be more excited! It is our first new car in over 5 years! We are trading in a 2001 Ford escape with over 100K miles that had seen better days. (It had a mazda built 5 speed manual trans in it BTW)

We were swayed to the 2009 over the new 2010 basically because of the rebate/incentive and bottom line price, BUT I do have to say that if anyone's shopping around right now I HIGHLY recommend test driving a 2010...It's a VERY nice car and doesn't show that front "smile" nearly as much in person as everyone here seems to think it might if they haven't seen one in real life! It definitely struck me as slightly nicer in almost every regard...just couldn't justify the added expense for our personally situation!

Anyway...thanks for all the info I've gained here! Hopefully I'll be able to shed some of my own insight here eventually!

Thanks,
TL Bones (Todd)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2009 i touring picked up today

Picked up the car today and so far so good! Love that new car smell...ahhhh. The only minor snafu was that I had not seen the actual car in person before we went to pick it up...unfortunately it was a trade from a MD dealer so holes for mounting a front license plate had been drilled in the bumper!..boy was I bummed! Luckily the salesman was very nice about it and offered to replace the bumper fascia no charge and gave me a "we owe" slip for that so I was happier! Wasn't the end of the world, but after you spend so much you want the car to be perfect! I just now orded some weathertech winter floor mats online. They are pricy but we have had good luck with them in previous cars...so i guess that counts as my first mod???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a well used,worn out trade-in that they gave me about $150-200 over KBB trade in price for. I don't have the exact invoice price on me, but I paid invoice, minus $1K rebate, minus my trade-in value, plus tax/tags. Since it was 0% financing that was my price out the door.

I thought that was an OK deal. I'm sure some people on here might have tried for better, but I doubt they'd get too much more off. Check KBB or Edmunds, etc. and you can see where your dealers quote is at relative to invoice. I used the internet sales guy..highly recommend that approach! Hope that helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts