Mazda3 Forums banner

2008 SCCA National Tour and Pro Solo Dates w/ sign up links

11K views 116 replies 17 participants last post by  CosmicBlueMS3 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Re: 2008 SCCA National Tour and Pro Solo Dates

Who plans to go where?

I definitely plan to be at South Georgia, Atlanta, and the Solo Nationals. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to do the Pros. If so, I'm looking at Arkansas and DC and the Finale. If I don't do the Pro Series, I'd like to do the Milwaukee Tour.

#3 ·

I will be at the Devens tour guranteed since thats my home court.
for pro's I hope to goto DC, Ohio and New York

if things work out well and depending on work and such, I would love to get out to the pro finale and nationals

#5 ·

I'll be at the Devens Tour.

#7 ·

All you need is to be an SCCA member and pay the entry fee.

Pro's give you more bang for the buck (12 + runs), but with the drag strip launch (including a tree) you will go through tires. I know that one three person team in a Civic last year budgeted a full set of tires for each Pro (36 runs plus any challenge rounds). Pro's are also a bit more intense as the pace is stepped up. Between working and running there is less downtime.

Both Tours and Pro's will bring out a large amount of top level competitors so it is a great place to really measure your driving skills (although a trip to Topeka in September for Nationals is the best.)

#8 ·
Time to bring this post to 2008

My plans seem to have changed. Looks like I will be trying to make the following events (in order):

-Dixie Tour
-Atlanta Tour
-Devens Tour
-DC Pro
-Peru Tour
-Toledo Pro
-Finger Lakes Pro

-Nationals?

Of course, things could change (I burn out), but thats the plan so far. Hopefully Ill bump into some of you guys out there.

#10 ·
Peru may be out since its so tight between DC and toledo, but I like to aim high. This way when I fall from my dream I can enjoy the trip before I hit the ground of reality.

#11 ·
That's a pretty full plate. I'm still undecided about the Pros. Peru isn't a bad trip for me, but it is towards the end of the month and HS and concrete makes me a little nervous.

Definitely in for Dixie, Atlanta, and Topeka. I guess I'll play the rest by ear. I'd really like to do Milwaukee or Fort Worth.

#13 ·
[quote author=SoraNezumi link=topic=98380.msg2023027#msg2023027 date=1201233358]
Looks like Rej is open for Devins, Toledo and Seneca. Not DC yet.
[/quote]

Quick tip on DC

Because it fills up fast, send FAX in a paper copy of a registration. When reg opens online you will already be in without having to worry about it. You can always pull out later if you decide not to go.

#15 ·
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=98380.msg2024498#msg2024498 date=1201294679]
^^ when do you suggest doing that PZ?
and to whom do you send it?
[/quote]

Now.

http://scca.com/documents/Solo_Forms/ps-entryform.pdf

Fax it into Topeka, number is on the bottom of the form.

#16 ·
[quote author=PZ link=topic=98380.msg2024597#msg2024597 date=1201297015]
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=98380.msg2024498#msg2024498 date=1201294679]
^^ when do you suggest doing that PZ?
and to whom do you send it?
[/quote]

Now.

http://scca.com/documents/Solo_Forms/ps-entryform.pdf

Fax it into Topeka, number is on the bottom of the form.
[/quote]

Done
1/26 @ 11:20pm EST :noclue:

while I was at it I registered for devens, toledo and finger lakes (mail in), so im penciled in for 4 events and its still looking good for dixie, atlanta and peru is a longshot.

btw, do any ms3 owners in the greater georgia area want to be my tire warmer for dixie? modest fee and modest driving skills required, serious inquiries pm me

#21 ·
Im at the DC Pro for sure. May make it to arkasas, but considering im still in pain from the drive back from Georgia, its hard to commit at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.