Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 with over 100,000 miles on it. Fairly recently rebuilt the engine and had the fun job of dropping it back in and getting the car up and running again. That was less than a year ago and I worked out most of the major kinks (new alternator, fuel pump locking ring, etc). One issue that I noticed not driving the car as much recently is a pretty gnarly parasitic power drain. I ran a test and the drain is between 150 and 220 mA. I pulled all the fuses in both boxes with no change in the draw. However, when I pulled the J-01 connector in the PJB the draw dropped to below 10 mA. So having narrowed the issue down somewhat is there someone smarter than me or someone that had this issue before that could give me some pointers or possible fixes? I checked a lot of other threads/forums without a ton of luck thus far. I am fairly new at this and most of my "mechanic" knowledge came from bringing this car back to life. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I backbracked from the J-01 connector and found the fuses in the main box that provided voltage. Low and behold I pulled the fuse 3 (for the protection of various circuits) and I got a draw in the range of 30-40 mA. But since this isn't tied to a specific thing (ie room fuse for internal lighting) that I can think of off the top of my head I'm gonna have to do some more digging. Some progress has been made though.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts