Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a similar situation. I pulled my head unit yesterday to check if I had the free port on the back. I also have the 6cd in dash changer. However I have a “SAT” button on front of my unit. The. 16 pin connector was occupied, I presumed it was for the “SAT” button. I don’t use the satellite function. Does anyone know if I could plug a Bluetooth kit into there and use the SAT button instead?
Yeah so far no luck with finding someone who has tried this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update
I had the opportunity to pull the head unit and this time I got smart and took pictures. I picked up one of the cheap 3.5mm aux cables.
On the back of the head unit I have three ports, one for antenna, a 16 pin for what I thought was my SAT connection but turns out it was for the AUX that’s prewired into the center console. The last port was for the speakers and power supply.

I will probably end up buying a Bluetooth adapter to plug into the AUX port and exchange the 3.5mm female jack with a usb port to charge devices.
I’ve been looking at Grom and GTA Bluetooth kits, does a particular one out perform the other?

When I flipped over the unit I discovered a port I’m not familiar with.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
That bottom connection is for the optional in-dash tape deck or MD player. There is also a company called Sylfex that utilized that port for their AuxMod.

The AuxMod was the only option for those of us that had the 04-05 MZ3's, because we had completely different radios, and the rear Aux port wasn't active. After the 06's came out the radios changed, and the aux port was now useable, effectively killing their business. :( Still though, I did buy an AuxMod from them several years ago, and it was a cool bit of kit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Update
I had the opportunity to pull the head unit and this time I got smart and took pictures. I picked up one of the cheap 3.5mm aux cables.
On the back of the head unit I have three ports, one for antenna, a 16 pin for what I thought was my SAT connection but turns out it was for the AUX that’s prewired into the center console. The last port was for the speakers and power supply.

I will probably end up buying a Bluetooth adapter to plug into the AUX port and exchange the 3.5mm female jack with a usb port to charge devices.
I’ve been looking at Grom and GTA Bluetooth kits, does a particular one out perform the other?

When I flipped over the unit I discovered a port I’m not familiar with. View attachment 106183
I'll work on aunt's Mazda 3 HU soon so I'll appreciate any update if a bluetooth adapter works perfectly. Still waiting for it to return from tire mounting and balancing this week before I can take a closer look at the ports.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That bottom connection is for the optional in-dash tape deck or MD player. There is also a company called Sylfex that utilized that port for their AuxMod.

The AuxMod was the only option for those of us that had the 04-05 MZ3's, because we had completely different radios, and the rear Aux port wasn't active. After the 06's came out the radios changed, and the aux port was now useable, effectively killing their business. :( Still though, I did buy an AuxMod from them several years ago, and it was a cool bit of kit.
Hi have you still got that auxmod? Will you sell it?
Anthony.

·
Registered
4 Posts

do you know anyone who has an Auxmod?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts