Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, after an extensive search I haven't been able to get a definitive answer so here goes:

I have a 2008 mazda 3 (31-3-2008) here in the Netherlands. It has the Bose system with the 6cd in dash changer, but no mp3. I'm looking to add bluetooth integration with Android for calling, streaming spotify and possibly navigation sounds from google maps.

I'm getting conflicting responses about the possibility to integrate a Yatour, Grom or Dension bluetooth module. One shop I asked about the Yatour said it would not work because the port normally used is internally routed to the in dash changer?

I'm pretty sure I have the BS3S66ARX unit (from clarion?), this one: https://eurofrance24.com/media/cata...1cbc/3/a/3a7aa84161f47dffe194b853f1e393fd.jpg but haven't taken it out yet.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the either yatour YT-BTA-MAZ1, grom BT3 or dension lite BT units work with this HU? (using the CD button to go to the EX option, does this work the same with the in dash changer unit?)

· Registered
179 Posts
I used the grom kit. Easy set up and plugs into the back of the head unit where the aux connector goes (white connector once you get the head unit out). It preserves volume controls for track forward and back and you can answer calls. I haven't heard much about the other two you mentioned.

· Registered
179 Posts
I do not, but if yours came with an aux port, it think it will work because it plugs into the connector for the aux port and I think the plug for the cd changer is different. When I was installing mine, I could have sworn that there were two plugs in the back of my head unit and one of them (not the one my bluetooth module is plugged into) was labeled "cd changer" or something like that. Though this was like 4 years ago so I could be remembering incorrectly.

· Registered
179 Posts
Maybe pull out your head unit and check back there. See what is plugged into what and check it against the options you have listed. Taking the head unit out is very simple with really only one trick. There are plenty of writeups and videos detailing how to do it, plus you'll need to know how to get in there anyway if you plan on changing things up with it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took it out, it's the HU I suspected (the one in the first post)

So I have the white 16 pin connector free, but not sure if the bluetooth systems function like they do on the single disk HU.

· Registered
1,585 Posts
I've never even seen one. No clue who makes it or even where it mounts.

I would venture to say that the factory Nav system is probably more common than the external changer. At least you see those pop up from time to time.

· Registered
6 Posts
I took it out, it's the HU I suspected (the one in the first post)

I have a similar situation. I pulled my head unit yesterday to check if I had the free port on the back. I also have the 6cd in dash changer. However I have a “SAT” button on front of my unit. The. 16 pin connector was occupied, I presumed it was for the “SAT” button. I don’t use the satellite function. Does anyone know if I could plug a Bluetooth kit into there and use the SAT button instead?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts