Sok07 Accelerator Pedal
Alpine MRP-M500 Mono Amp
JL AUDIO 8W1V2-4 Sub
8" Stealth Sub Enclosure

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
looks great! Are you planning on a DP? Seems you are going the route I am with all the CP-e products

Do you experince any fuel cut? I was wanting to know if the fuel pump upgrade is going to help me but I also heard the PnP helps too... Figured once you got that working you could let me know how your car runs and the gains you get out of it!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As is the car is running great. Holds boost, no fuel cut, no issues at all. Hoping the Standback will up my boost, provide a better tune, and not introduce any issues. Ill let you know how it goes. Planning on installing it this weekend, then tuning sometime after.

The final two items would be the DP and FMIC though I dont have any immediate plans. Loving the car as is and am just hoping the standback gives it that little extra.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed the standback and set it to 17.5 psi. The cars pulls great and I have had no issues what so ever. Its really nice being able to boost so high in the lower gears. The boost also seems to get up to peak faster and it it holding great. Im planning on tuning the AFR and knock on it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks for the info, the only reason I asked was I have just about the same mods as you do, other than I have the cpe dp. I think I experienced fuel cut the other day and it was very scary.

Looking into the pnp standback and the cpe fuel pump as my next upgrades.

What FMIC are you looking for?

keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had my car professionally dyno tuned and it made 297.62 hp & 326.94 torque. This was not just a one off either. The last 5-10 pulls all made around 293-297. I had a total of around 48 pulls done for a total time of 4 1/2 hours on the dyno. The power #'s are more than I expected and I dont really think I have that many power mods (Intake, Inlet, Test Pipe). The SB tune gained me nearly 25hp & 30 torque.

The guy who tuned my car was very meticulous and really knew what he was doing. He had never tuned a MS3 before but has tuned many Evos and STIs. He got to know the SB software quickly and the way the MS3 responds to the tune. His name was Paul Leung of Yimi Sport (http://www.yimisport.com/)

Attached is a pre-tune and post-tune comparison. Same mods, just one without the SB and one with the SB tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ordered the catted CP-E downpipe. Got it at a great price so I had to jump on it. Also ordered a set of fuel pump internals as I have heard the pump is almost guaranteed to fail with my mods + a DP.

Don't know when I will install the DP. Will see if it will NEED a tune to run with it or if I could install it and tune later. Dont really want to re-dyno tune it so soon after my last one. The car runs great right now and dont want to screw that up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts