Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its almost that time of the year people, time to kick off the 2007 season, and what better way than to start off with a BBQ.

I will be hosting, which what I hope to be, an annual season opener.

So onto what everyone has been waiting for, I'll give you a brief rundown.

I will be preparing a FREE BBQ, with burgers, hot dogs, some sausages and possibly some side salad's (food subject to change). Also i will be providing FREE DRINKS (meaning soft drinks and water, no booze...drinks also subject to change) To make this even more intresting, there will be some door prizes available, courtesy of a few of our wonderful sponsors who willingly approached me to donate for this event. Also, I am trying to gather up some simple, yet fun games to play during the day.

This will be considered a family event, so bring the kiddies if you wish (the site we have has a playground within eyesight of us), and as most of you figured, an alcohol free event, as I will not be held liable.

So here are your Vitals:

Date: Sunday April 29th, 2007 (With a rain date booked for Sunday May 6th, 2007)

Location: Riverside Park, Cambridge Ontario http://www.city.cambridge.on.ca/cs_community/parks.php?fid=2

Time: 12:30 onward

Map of the Park

Map of the Area in Relation to 401

I think tha covers everything. Keep an eye on this thread for updates

Again, a big Thank you goes out to the sponsors who came forward and contacted me all on their own to help with this.

Patriqué at CTA Motorsports www.ctamotorsports.com

Devin at The Xenon Store www.thexenonstore.com

Peter at NextMod

Sean at Visionbulbs www.visionbulbs.com

I hope to see you all out here , new members, old members, don't be shy.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its intended for the mazda 3 community, i do have some extra's coming (friends from work, and another local car club)
i don't want to intensely discriminate, meaning like, i can't outright invite another car club (toronto protege) for example, as that would put me WAAAAAAAAAAY over budget (as i am forking it all out of pocket) but i can't say no to a few extra's here and there, i want it to be a friendly atmosphere to bring people together! hows that for a political responce?

EDIT: seeing that you tuned into the london thread....come on out!!! LOL

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there will be 50/50 tickets being sold also in support of the torontomazda3 club guys at the bbq, the final draw is being held at teh bbq, so last min tickets will be sold.

all proceeeds of the 50/50 go to webhosting/club funds!
so far the pot is at about $100

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
less than amonth away!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah thanks again man. Had a great time. You were an excellent host!! Kudos....to you and your family.

Here's a few pics

·
Registered
22 Posts
NOOOO.... dam i found out this forums and this section too late. i live in Guelph... last Sunday i went to Kitchener and i saw a mazda3 convoy. i was wondering if some are member of mazda3forums. now i know that convoy is you guys.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, weird!
yeah a few from the london mazda 3 crew represented. the bulk of people came from the GTA, over 20 cars! and the k-dub represented also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.