Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 long months of waiting - I finally picked up my 07' Mazda 3 S GT Sedan on Saturday. Pictures are on their way! The car is phantom purple and I must say I was a little worried about the color after my decision however I'm really glad I picked it because I think the paint job is my favorite part of the car. I got the bose/moonroof package, remote start, & navigation.

My only concern right now is the fact that my tires kick up a lot of gravel while driving. Anyone else experience this? I assumed it's because the tires are new and the trends are trapping gravel and kicking it up into my wheel well. I really don't want paint chips along the bottom of my car before its first service date so I'm hoping the problem will correct itself once there is a bit more wear on the car.

Other than that i'm extremely pleased with the car. Its my first new car purchase and a big investment on my budget so i'm trying to keep it as "new" as possible!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Yay another phantom purple driver! I just bought mine this week too! Any pictures? Oh and why are you worried about your decision about the color if your glad you picked it?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Uh oh, the Purple People Eaters are taking over the world!

No really, congrats. I really do like that color.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrats! I picked up my crystal white pearl after waiting about 4 1/2 months, so I know how you feel. I think the paint on mine is my favorite part also!

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=Phantom3 link=topic=70580.msg1235565#msg1235565 date=1172559506]
Yay another phantom purple driver! I just bought mine this week too! Any pictures? Oh and why are you worried about your decision about the color if your glad you picked it?
[/quote]

he said that he was worried THEN he was glad.

congratulations on the car. and yea pics, there aren't many PP pics around.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Congrats on the car!!!! My 2007 kicks up gravel, too. Its annoying to hear while im driving. So much that i might put some mud flaps on. Fellow phantom color owners, how about a group for the phantom blue/purple owners? What you guys think?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
That sounds like a great idea im in!

[quote author=mentalcase link=topic=70580.msg1253177#msg1253177 date=1173237554]
Congrats on the car!!!! My 2007 kicks up gravel, too. Its annoying to hear while im driving. So much that i might put some mud flaps on. Fellow phantom color owners, how about a group for the phantom blue/purple owners? What you guys think?
[/quote]

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=MAB22 link=topic=70580.msg1235454#msg1235454 date=1172554457]
My only concern right now is the fact that my tires kick up a lot of gravel while driving. Anyone else experience this? I assumed it's because the tires are new and the trends are trapping gravel and kicking it up into my wheel well. I really don't want paint chips along the bottom of my car before its first service date so I'm hoping the problem will correct itself once there is a bit more wear on the car. [/quote]

It's not a tire issue, it's a lack-of-splash-guards issue. Dunno if Mazda makes factory splash guards for the 07s yet, but if they don't there's a set at AutoZone that will work. When I installed them on my car it made a HUGE difference, much less gravel being thrown up against the car.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I've seen ^ his car. You barely even notice them. And his looks amazing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
yeah congrats
nice color

·
Registered
417 Posts
Interesting color......enjoy it!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
[quote author=DrWebster link=topic=70580.msg1254009#msg1254009 date=1173284767]
[quote author=MAB22 link=topic=70580.msg1235454#msg1235454 date=1172554457]
My only concern right now is the fact that my tires kick up a lot of gravel while driving. Anyone else experience this? I assumed it's because the tires are new and the trends are trapping gravel and kicking it up into my wheel well. I really don't want paint chips along the bottom of my car before its first service date so I'm hoping the problem will correct itself once there is a bit more wear on the car. [/quote]

It's not a tire issue, it's a lack-of-splash-guards issue. Dunno if Mazda makes factory splash guards for the 07s yet, but if they don't there's a set at AutoZone that will work. When I installed them on my car it made a HUGE difference, much less gravel being thrown up against the car.
[/quote]

Sorry to get off-topic but got a model or part-number on the ones you got?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts