Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. multiple questions.

Heres where i start. I recently purchased these fogs.

First question. Box says H11, and Forum Part# list says Bulb for fogs is 9006. Are these both the same?

Next up.
Box came with all wireing components needed.

Heres the housing.

The question. Does it seem that i have everything needed for the install? Mind you my car did not come with fogs.
If so, does anyone know where i can find a how-to or walkthrough for installing these? I figure its plug and play, but im not sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
read that thread for like 30 minutes. so much bickering and confusion. lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just installed my eBay fogs but I used the stock wiring harness and bought an OEM stalk switch much easier IMO. I also found that I needed a "harness back" to connect the H11 bulbs to the main harness which is wired for 9006 bulbs. The OEM stalk was like $60 + tax and the harness back was about $55 + tax for two from Onlinemazdaparts.com. This is for the 07 & up MZ3 i.

Here's a link of the harness back compliments of Onlinemazdaparts.com part #10 in the diagram:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214264&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2295&groupid=2304&subgroupid=2385&componentid=0&make=22&model=Mazda 3&year=2007&graphicID=5417075&callout=10&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so, i use the stock harness, i will need that harness back? but if i use the aftermarket harness that my fogs came with, i wont need it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
No you will not need the harness that came with your fogs, but remember you'll need the OEM stalk switch & harness back from Onlinemazdaparts to make your install complete. The only part you'll use from your fog kit is your "fogs" in addition to the to the parts I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
04-06 use H11 fogs, 07+ use 9006 fogs. That kit will only work with your OEM foglight harnesses if you've got an 04-06 model.

EDIT: in the picture, I can see that the box says compatible with 2007+ models. So hopefully they know what they're talking about and it'll work... just follow their instructions and use the harness that came with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yah now thats whats confusing me. box says 07 and on models. also says bulbs including are h11. but theres no install instructions with it. and also it came with a rocker switch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts