Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I've owned my 07 Mazda 3 GT (4-door sedan) for about 2 months now. I've noticed that occasionally my CD player will stop working by I can switch to the radio and that works. It's been hard to reproduce but I noticed one time the CD player stopped responding in the following situation:

1. CD music is playing with engine off
2. Go to start engine and the CD stops playing

At this point I cannot enject a CD, change trace, change volume...nothing! I can switch to radio FM/AM and this works fine. The only way for things to work again is for me to turn off the car take the key out, and switch it back on again.

*NOTE* this happens with store bought CD's and I have a 6-disc factory CD changer.

I asked Mazda service department if maybe this was a minor issue that is software related that needed to get upgraded but he hadn't heard of anything like this. I'm really stumped...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, that would make sense. I'll get them to do it for me since it's under warranty and I can't be bothered lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know I'm not the only person that has the problem. I booked an appointment for next week to go see someone at Mazda for this. I'm sure there must be a fix for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*UPDATE*

Mazda dealership says they are just going to order in a new CD player/changer unit and replace it and see if that fixes it. Have to wait 5 days for it. They said they have now info from Mazda about 07 6-disc changers having this problem so he said he will email Mazda HQ directly and see if he can find anything out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya the CD player arrived a week ago. I just have not set an appointment to get it installed. I'll probably call tomorrow and will post back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They replaced my CD changed about 1 month ago and so far it seems fine now. Hopefully yours will be ok too, however, you should get the service department to contact Mazda HQ about this and make a note that another 07 customer has had this problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I actually had this problem today. I couldn't do anything with the cds except adjust the volume. It happened this morning before work. After work it's going fine. I think I'm still going to take it in to have it checked though. Those that had this problem and had it replaced, how is it acting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still happy to report that since my CD changer was replaced back in February, I still have no problems at all :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts