Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen multiple posts claiming that you can't install a sport grille on the 2007 i sedan (touring in my case) because the grille is part of the bumper. I've looked at my grille, and it does not seem to be integrated with the bumper.

Is the grille integrated with the bumper on the S models? Does this info only apply to the hatch?

For clarification, can you buy a S sedan grille (sport grille) and bolt it up to a i sedan without modification?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
For the 07's, the grilles for the i model sedans are removable, while the grilles for the s models sedans are integrated into the bumper. Only way if you wanted the grille from the s model for your i model is with a lot of cutting and modification.

The grille on the hatch is the same fit for all years. There have been members with 04-06 models with 07 grilles.

So far there has been no alternative grilles for the 07 sedans AFAIK (maybe in SE Asia).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. thanks for the clarification.

My dealer said they could get me a sport grille for $250. I guess they are misinformed.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
They prolly meant the 04-06 s model grille. Unless the 07 s model grille IS available as an optional accessory (haven't heard of anything though). Best to ask some of the dealerships on the forums here for more information, they can prolly help you more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if the 06 S model grille will work on a 2007 i sedan?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts