Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cracked passenger side front lens. Luckily, lights still work. Most posts seem to reference replacing whole light unit. Is it possible to replace only the lens? Can an average DIYer do it? Can you point to a part number? Or a web site to purchase? Also, thinking I may as well replace both while doing (?). Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It is relatively easy to remove the lense and install one back on but I've never seen the lense alone being sold anywhere, even after combing through mazda oem parts websites. An entire new assembly is likely necessary. Fingers crossed that you have a sedan because the oem hatch headlights are stupid expensive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. I spent all day looking for lenses, with no luck. It is a hatchback. I was thinking about getting the assembly from a junkyard. That way I can use the existing bulbs. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest you go with OEM headlights. If you go with aftermarket headlights you will get water condensation inside the headlights within 6 months or a year.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I suggest you go with OEM headlights. If you go with aftermarket headlights you will get water condensation inside the headlights within 6 months or a year.
Pay once, cry once. Do it right with quality parts the first time.

I will add to that for anyone looking to purchase OE quality parts to look at Priority Mazda. Their prices are fantastic even after shipping. I purchased a lot of parts from them for my MZ3 a few years back as the local dealership wanted a literal fortune.

Reactions: dudeskee1325
1 - 9 of 9 Posts