Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
yea... the only thing is if you get back seats from a sedan they wont latch up.... front seats should fit

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Well the sedan's dont have the same locking mechanism for the back seat. There was a topic on this awhile back... like a year ago or somethin... but from what I remember its just either in a different place or just a completely different design... hmm my memory fails me on that. but the front seats should line up exactly since they did not change anything like that when upgrading the modles in later years.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
anyone else have any input in on this??? i just cant remember if the sedans laches are in a different spot or if its just different all together

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Edited because of bad memory:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=73203.0 There's a good summary of what you have and won't have when swapping.

Also, I don't think you'll have the latch for baby seats when swapping sedan seats into a hatchback. They're built into the rear deck above the seats in the sedan, and I would think they're built directly into the seats on the hatch.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I forgot to mention, I think his airbag light is still on. As far as I know, he hasn't figured out a way to turn it off... so we aren't sure if the side air bags would deploy in a crash (if he has them).

But the leather is really sweet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can i take the leather off and put it on originals seats or can i change parts from my current hatch seats and put onto the replacements?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts