Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Here in NA, they like big CC cars. They want more mid-rpm torque, thus being more comfortable rather than in asia where they like small CC engines with big horsepower output in the top-end of rpm.

If they kick up the G35, the coupe and 350Z's sales will go down, since if u offer them the same kind of power in a sports car to the sedan...

Are the rear seats on a RX8 usable anyway? I remember last time seeing a RX8 at an autoshow and it seems like it's impossible to fit anyone older than 3yrs old back there. Mazda may as well weld the rear doors shut and all it a RX7 :lol:

BitBit@Enigma said:
Are the rear seats on a RX8 usable anyway? I remember last time seeing a RX8 at an autoshow and it seems like it's impossible to fit anyone older than 3yrs old back there. Mazda may as well weld the rear doors shut and all it a RX7 :lol:
well most coupes are designed that way anyway..
u can still seat ppl, just very uncomfortable

98LX said:
mnemonicj said:
Chill the fnck out! geez. Go get laid or something...
Always a sophisticated come back.
No, I just know what it is like when I haven't had any in awhile :lol:

I personally don't like the doors on the Mazda RX-8. If I owned one, I would make sure that the passenger side rear door would never open so no one could acidentally try to close the doors in the wrong order and cause some damage. At least on the driver's side I would make sure to close my door last.

I just came upon this thread.....I guess the comment is almost a year old but regarding the Toyota Supra.....it won't be introduced to the NA market. I know a guy who works for Toyota here in Canada and he went to a meeting in the US where it was revealed that Toyota is not interested in competing with the Z or the RX-8/proposed RX-7. If you really think about it, Toyota doesn't really require a brand image like Nissan or Mazda does. They have a substantial hold on the market and aren't likely to lose it anytime soon so why bother with the Supra??

^^^

Not if they offer the same Renesis engine they are offering in the RX-8. For all it's hype pre-release, journalists were far impressed with the car's handling than the engine. I did an entire project on the wankel engine including the 13B and quite frankly I was expecting more from the Renesis. It's a shame Mazda is the loan manufacturer going after the rotary.....the most efficient power cycle gets no respect :(

well yeah.. efficient power cycle alright, but drinks gas of the amount of a gas engine that's 3-4 times it's displacement size

Inno said:
well yeah.. efficient power cycle alright, but drinks gas of the amount of a gas engine that's 3-4 times it's displacement size
Yea....but that can be corrected with a proper design. Wankels are hard to implement which is why Mazda is the lone warrior in this battle. I truly believe if more companies invested in the rotary it could match the comsumption figures of a reciprocating engine.

Smokin said:
Inno said:
Yea....but that can be corrected with a proper design. Wankels are hard to implement which is why Mazda is the lone warrior in this battle. I truly believe if more companies invested in the rotary it could match the comsumption figures of a reciprocating engine.
yeah... so give them 30 more yrs?? hahaha :D

by that time, i truly believe that all the cars on the street will either be electrical or hydrogen powered...
i dunno.. just my 2 cents~

Mazda3 Maniac said:
Inno said:
drinks gas of the amount of a gas engine that's 3-4 times it's displacement size
Yes, but also makes as much horsepower as engines 3-4 times its size.
it depends if u wanna compare that with 6MT cars only...

one thing always puzzles me is that with the current RX-8... the horsepower output of the AT is less than the MT version makes sense, but wut troubles me the most is that how on earth does the AT makes more torque than the MT version???

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.