Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed the air cleaner on my Mazda3. The owner's manual told me to remove the battery cover and duct, unfasted the clamps and lift off the air filter cover and remove the filter. Well... ... ... not quite so simple. The air filter cover didn't want to lift up and out of the way. I was able to change the filter, but was not able to clean out the air filter cover and housing like I would have liked. So I don't waste a lot of time re-inventing the wheel so to speak, what is the simplist way to remove the air cleaner components up and out of the way so I can thoroughly clean the filter cover and housing and any other related parts?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You already did enough.. You accomplished the same as a dealer would do. You got a new filter in it and cleaned it as good as you could. It will be fine.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
There are two ways to deal with changing the air filter:

1. Remove all the sensor wires, connectors, and unscrew the filter cover completely.
2. Give 'er a little muscle when pulling up on it, then slip the old filter out and the new one in.

I usually do the latter. I put in a K&N filter, so I shouldn't have to clean it for quite a while.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
What air cleaner is every1 recommending (Using)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts