Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2006 3s GT with the Bose system. I figured that with this HU and the 6 disc CD changer that I could play MP3 CDs. I burned one (just used windows burning utility with just the MP3s in the root dir) and I was suprised that it did not play. This was quite frustrating. I look on here and while I can't find anyone specifically say that their Bose system plays MP3s, I find many clues saying that it can. I've seen older for sale listings for a 2006 Mazda 3s GT with Bose and a 6-disc CD / MP3 changer. Did Mazda offer the option of the Bose system without MP3 support? Did I get screwed out of MP3 support and the aux in?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was reading that earlier. I couldn't find a definitive answer on which solutions work with the Bose+6CD though. I'm looking at the GROM solution since i have no clue when auxmod would be back in stock.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I have the GROM and it's worked great. I have heard a few of their devices have had firmware issues but GROM service has been quick to fix.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=140459.msg3028178#msg3028178 date=1238460631]
I have the GROM and it's worked great. I have heard a few of their devices have had firmware issues but GROM service has been quick to fix.
[/quote]

Do you have the 6disc changer? If so, I'm ordering my GROM today, hopefully It will come before the weekend

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Yes, i have the 6 disc. It's integrated into the HU and assume yours is too? The only problem would be if you have a remote CD changer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=140459.msg3028209#msg3028209 date=1238461554]
Yes, i have the 6 disc. It's integrated into the HU and assume yours is too? The only problem would be if you have a remote CD changer.
[/quote]
Yes. I ordered mine. I reeeeely hope it gets here before the weekend! Did you have to get a ground loop isolator with this unit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts