Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, anyone with a 2005-200whatever 2.3L can help, this is a question about the stock wiring harness.

I'm finishing my 2.3L to 2.5L swap, using all of the Mazda parts (intake, harness, sensors, etc). So, it's basically a stock 2.3L question.
After putting the engine back in place, I have 4 connectors that don't have mates. All are near the front of the engine, 2 are on the harness that runs up under the radiator core support. 1 is mounted on the intake manifold between the serpentine belt idler and the alternator. The fourth is near the air filter housing, but the wire joins the harness a bit deeper than that.

So...what do they go to?

In the thumbnails, the first shows 2 of them, one is grey and 2 conductor, mounts right on the intake manifold, sits between the idler and starter, the open connector is facing you. The second is on the radiator support harness, about dead center in the engine bay, also 2 conductor female.

The second thumbnail is out of focus, but shows the general location of the third connector. The fourth thumbnail shows it, it's a single male conductor, and it's on the end of a 6-ish inch pigtail, that connects to the harness right under the air filter housing.

The third thumbnail shows #4, it's a big grey 2 conductor that is on the radiator support harness, clipped onto the plastic support piece that's electrical taped to the harness.

If anyone can spend the 5 minutes to pop the hood and check one or all of these stock 2.3L harness connectors, it would be most appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, time to bump this.
I figured out 3 of the 4 connectors. I still need help with one.

Go out to your car, pop the hood, then lean into the engine bay. Right where your right hand is, leaning on the radiator core support? Right there, where your fingers are, right under the support. THAT connector. The female side is clipped to the wiring harness and won't move, I have that one. The male side is somewhere. Can you tell me where? At least, does the male side harness go down near the fan, or into the bumper area, or towards the lights, or over to the engine??

Again, the female side is a grey 2 wire connector, about an inch across. I don't know what the male side looks like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts