Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this article applies to Australia, but I think it's a good idea for the US too!

Revised Tribute
MAZDA will wheel out a new variant of its successful Tribute off-roader in an effort to more directly target medium all-terrain wagon rivals like the popular Honda CR-V and Nissan X-Trail.

A fourth V6 Tribute variant - slotting in between the $35,690 Tribute Limited and $41,320 Tribute Classic - is expected to be announced this week at a price of around $38,000, or line-ball with automatic versions of the X-Trail Ti and CR-V Sport.

Likely to be dubbed Limited Sport, the new Tributer variant should get different 16 x 6.5-inch alloys, fog lights, roof rails, cruise control, driver's seat height adjustment and a Classic interior.

To accommodate the range realignment, Classic and Luxury Tributes will get a new black interior with metallic highlights, plus front mudflaps and more progression engine mapping.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No It's based on the Current Model Tribute !!!!!

It's just a new Spec Level change thats all.....!! :D

So In Australia we have now 5 versions of the Tribute...

2.0 litre Limited Model - Manual only
3.0 V6 - Limited Model - Auto Only
3.0 V6 - Limited Sport - (Same as limited with a few extra's)
3.0 V6 - Classic Model - Auto Only (more equipment than Limited)
3.0 V6 - Luxury Model - Top of the range model (Leather Sunroof etc)

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Some confirmed changes are:

- Floor Shifter
- More Sound Insulation

Mostly a mid-model refresh (to go along with Ford Escape and MErcury Mariner updates). Both changes are highly welcome, I also hope they manage to change the front end as well to reflect more of that Mazda DNA!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to see a sporty Tribute. I wonder if the five point grille will be used. I read somewhere the '05 Tribute comes out this spring.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Ford is updating the Escape's bumpers slightly as well as adding clear headlights while the Mercury looks like the old Escape. Mazda's updates as of late have been relatively dramatic in the cosmetic department (02 and 04 MPV, 01 Protege). I hope that tradition continues with the Tribute.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love the Tribute....i test drove it and i thought it was one fine machine....however, i don't think it really fits with Mazda's new look.....on the other hand, i think the look of the Tribute is classy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
schulkw said:
I'd love to see a sporty Tribute. I wonder if the five point grille will be used. I read somewhere the '05 Tribute comes out this spring.
The line has been shut down for a complete refresh on the Tribute. 05 model to debut in 03/04. It will share the five point grill as does the "refreshed" MPV.

Also the base engine will be the 2.3 ILO the 2.0 in the past. Floor shift is standard in all from what I'm told.

Trim changes a plenty...body colors now include lapis blue from the 6 and same color lower cladding.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MARKPMM said:
schulkw said:
The line has been shut down for a complete refresh on the Tribute. 05 model to debut in 03/04. It will share the five point grill as does the "refreshed" MPV.

Also the base engine will be the 2.3 ILO the 2.0 in the past. Floor shift is standard in all from what I'm told.

Trim changes a plenty...body colors now include lapis blue from the 6 and same color lower cladding.
Good. I love the Lapis Blue. I wondered why they came out with '04 Tribute so soon.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Afriad not. Some dealers say they've been expecting them on lots come the end of January. I'm assuming if you've seen photos of the 2005 Escape you can just replace the center stack and gauges with what's currently in the Tribute...

·
Registered
232 Posts
that sux...i really thought that the new tribute would look like the other mazdas....that would have been interesting to see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts