Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to see if there is a updated replacement CD for my OEM Nav system. There are plenty of roads in my area that are not on the CD that came with my OEM Nav... Anyone get a updated CD yet? How much was the cost??

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer would have to replicate the prolem. Other than damaging the DVD there is no way for me to make it not work. Outside influence not covered under warranty......
<----- service writer so I know the in/outs of whats covered...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
actually, i've been trying to do the same for my 04. the dvd case that came with the car for the navi said www.navtech.com would get a way to order an uptated one, but it reroutes to www.navteq.com, and following the link to get an updated CD pretty much end up with blank pages. i emailed their tech support asking how to get a new disk, they haven't gotten back, but wijth it being the holidays, they might just be behind. i'll post whatever i hear from them here.

talking to a dealer couldn't hurt, but i was given the impression when i got the car that getting updates was outside of the dealership's purview.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know the 2007 model has a new look for the navigation screen and new software. I'm trying to find out from my contacts inside Mazda if this is just a software upgrade and new CD or if I'd have to replace the entire glovebox nav unit to get the new system. I'll try and find out if the 07 DVD is updated over the 06 version.

JT

·
Registered
841 Posts
[quote author=TGM3 link=topic=65844.msg1128429#msg1128429 date=1167693735]
Dealer would have to replicate the prolem. Other than damaging the DVD there is no way for me to make it not work. Outside influence not covered under warranty......
<----- service writer so I know the in/outs of whats covered...
[/quote]

Wrong tell them that your navigation cuts out when heading in to certain areas(happened to my n2) complained about it to pioneer and they told me that was a software issue so they told me to get the update cds and because i baught mine off of ebay and apparently refurbished they wouldnt give me free updates
But give it a shot maybe the dealer will fall for it because it did happen but not on an oem unit

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
k, just heard back from navteq:

"Dear Max,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ.

You may order map disc updates for your 2004 Mazda 3 by phone at the number below. Version 2005.1 (released August 2005) is still the most current for your vehicle. The current cost is $199 plus tax and shipping.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

NAVTEQ
Customer Contact Center
888.628.6277"

so what i get out of it is that if theres a newer map than 05, then they must have switched companies. anyone want to ask a dealer about all of this next time they take it in? or, alternately, any sponsors here know anything about this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts