Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello board,

Anyone know, or have an educated guess, as to when we can expect the 2005 Mazda3 to begin shipping ? I'm still considering buying a 2004 in May, but if the 1st year kinks haven't been worked out by then, or if something more serious starts showing up (transmission trouble, rusting etc.) then maybe I'll just bite the bullet and wait till the 2nd year of production to purchase.

Thanks,

Vermin

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Anytime b/w Nov04-Feb05 seems reasonable.

Don't forget that improvements will be constantly made to the car, regardless of the date stamped on your door.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Good good.
I hope they start making A/C standard on most of the trims.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dinu01 said:
Anytime b/w Nov04-Feb05 seems reasonable.

Don't forget that improvements will be constantly made to the car, regardless of the date stamped on your door.
Good point. I guess I'll just monitor current owners problems and make my decision in May. I'd hate to miss a summer in the 3. The one thing that would suck is if they started offering Nav or Xenons in Canada in '05, cause the 3 is priced so reasonabley I plan to get this thing as loaded as possible.

Thanks for the reply's

vermin

·
Registered
78 Posts
if they get Nav and Xenons in canada for 05 plus i will trade in my 04 hahhaha

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
icecube said:
Why not just install them yourself? You'll get higher quality for a lower price. :?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think the summer shipment of cars that is expected April/May/June will have many of the bugs worked out of them that the early build date owners are experiencing. I would say that would be a good time to buy. That's when I'm planning to buy.

Also from what I'm reading they are predicting some import price wars this summer. Incentive, incentive, incentive...

·
Registered
272 Posts
neoriffic said:
I think the summer shipment of cars that is expected April/May/June will have many of the bugs worked out of them that the early build date owners are experiencing. I would say that would be a good time to buy. That's when I'm planning to buy.
Exactly, Batman! Hopefully our timing will be perfect. :wink:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
icecube said:
While nav is definitely cool swag, I don't think I'd ever shell out the $1k + for the option, however I'd add Xenon's in a heartbeat. Anyone know if HID's are a factory or dealer installed option ? If it's dealer, I could just add them to my "bug-free" summer release '04, when and if they became an option in '05 in Canada.

I don't have my hopes up though. I'm thinking that the stuff that's not available in Canada or the US are factory installed options and therefore only come in option "packages" based on supposed market demand ie: Canadians won't buy Xenon or Side Airbag options for economy cars, Americans won't pay a premium for Rain Sensing Wipers/Heated mirrors on an economy car. Otherwise they would make these single item dealer installed options. Sucks, cause I'd love to pick my options piece-meal.

vermin

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think that later on down the road Canada will have the Xenons, etc. I think it'd be smart business move to offer them as options up here in Canada. That way, if a consumer is willing to pay for them, then its a win-win situation for the comapny and the consumer. I wouldn't mind shelling out 1K for Xenons, it'd complete the "look" on the 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts