Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, my name is James. As of last night, 1/20/09, i am the proud owner of a 2005 mazda 3. the car has the 6 disc cd changer and i was wondering some things. Before the Mazda3, i owned a 2008 ford focus, and i had sirius built into the car. on my mazda, there is a sat button, but when i push it nothing happens. I know on the fucus if it did not come with a sat radio subscription it would show up a message stating no sat found. How do i know if my car has satelite from the factory? and how would i find out the ESN number if it does so i can have my subscription switched over again? I do not have the owners manuel for the car so any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Sirius Radio is a unit that add's on to the head unit. While all the compatible cars shipped with the "sat" button, it wont do anything unless you have the Sirius module installed. If it was installed, it should switch your screen, and you should be able to access channel (i think) 199... which is the free "news" channel, and if nothing changes on the screen, then you most likely dont have it installed.

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts