1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I dunno. I'm not too crazy about them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I still think it's unfortunate the design is not more progressive. Sure, it's a completely modernized interpretation of the original, mechanically speaking. It shows no imagination with regards to design. Of course it's a beautiful design ... but it is essentially 40 years old.

And yes, I know the sheetmetal and bodywork is not original either. I know the whole car is built using modern materials from the ground up. My point is that there was no attempt to do a new design. It is simply a copy of the original. The same could be said about the Mustang concept, but I think it was a better attempt at bringing a classic design to a very modern level. I have my doubts about the Mustang's production version looking that good, but nonetheless, I think the GT could have been able to stand on its feet as a new design, not an aesthetic rip-off.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
There wasn't supposed to be a new design. The idea was to recapture the old one.

There are some major differences even to the looks, if you notice well enough - first off, there's a 3" difference in height, which is another reason (besides the legal one) it isn't a GT40.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Yep! That's one thing I don;t like about it, but the design is amazing! And this is from a guy that hates Mustangs/Camaros and American cars in general for many reasons:

#1 being they're not fun to drive
#2 being they're of inferior quality

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I want that car! It's beautiful. The whole car should be the color of the blue stripe on the white one above. I like blue. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
dinu01 said:
Yep! That's one thing I don;t like about it, but the design is amazing! And this is from a guy that hates Mustangs/Camaros and American cars in general for many reasons:

#1 being they're not fun to drive
#2 being they're of inferior quality
inferior design? not fun to drive ?

the interior design is supercar quality

it splaps the ferrari modena and the porsche 911 GT3 arround a road course like a read headed stepchild....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts