Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to look for spoilers for the hatchback 3 and haven't been very successful. Would an 07 speed3 spoiler fit or would I have to go look aftermarket somewhere. If anyone could help with links to spoilers for the hatch that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've never seen a hatch that didn't have one. Post a pic, I'm interested to know what it looks like.
It seems the European market got them without spoilers, maybe just the base trim. The Mazda3 Wikipedia page has an image:
Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

@BrokeBoyJosh, I think a 2007 would fit, but I believe 2007-2009 is when they had the high-mount brake light external (LED?) rather than internal (incandescent), so I expect you'd have to make some adjustments to ensure that brake light connects, and you'd probably want to swap the upper-rear trim from the donor car once you remove your interior high-mount brake light.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have been trying to look for spoilers for the hatchback 3 and haven't been very successful. Would an 07 speed3 spoiler fit or would I have to go look aftermarket somewhere. If anyone could help with links to spoilers for the hatch that would be much appreciated.
@BrokeBoyJosh, excuse me: I overlooked your specification of a MS3 spoiler. I checked the service manual, and it looks like the lateral bolts and center nuts might be the same, but there's a "Clip A" that's a single midline fastener for the Speed3, and two fasteners flanking the center stud on the regular Mazda3. You could probably still get it to work with slight modification and maybe some 3M double-sided trim tape:
White Line Font Parallel Auto part

Edit: gah, I see that there's two clips for the MZ3, and three clips for the MS3.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It seems the European market got them without spoilers, maybe just the base trim. The Mazda3 Wikipedia page has an image:
View attachment 106458
@BrokeBoyJosh, I think a 2007 would fit, but I believe 2007-2009 is when they had the high-mount brake light external (LED?) rather than internal (incandescent), so I expect you'd have to make some adjustments to ensure that brake light connects, and you'd probably want to swap the upper-rear trim from the donor car once you remove your interior high-mount brake light.

That's HORRIBLE. Yes, you definitely need a spoiler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 3 does have a spoiler but I think the oem one looks ugly. I'm goin for oem+ build, carid search is garbage and no one really mods 04s so I was just seeing if other people had better luck searching and could help me out

·
Registered
336 Posts
My 3 does have a spoiler but I think the oem one looks ugly. I'm goin for oem+ build, carid search is garbage and no one really mods 04s so I was just seeing if other people had better luck searching and could help me out
https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda3/comments/emuu52

1 - 7 of 7 Posts