Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visit the homepage of the 2004 Mazda Rally for the latest news:
http://www.mazda3forums.com/mazda6rally

Okay, someone blurbed that this was to be a Mazda3 friendly rally too.

Anyone car to let some of us in on it? I work the night before, but it's only a 7-9 hour drive from San Jose. :) Night driving is more fun in this car anyway.. lol!

Who's up for it!? (Or what have I missed already?!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm touched, you really care *sniff* Hey there, I'm the organizer of this shin-dig DJ Spencer is talking about. You are right, this meet is Mazda3 friendly, though it is originally for the Mazda6Club, but as this is it's sister site, I can't exclude you guys :) Plus the more people we get to go, I'm willing to bet that the better discount we can get on the hotel room. All info currently available for the event is on the website, and I should have an update coming within this next week here. Plus how could I not include this club if I'm using some of its space on the net to host my site :p (Thanks to ever wondrous and kind MZ6ZoomZoom)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, did I let a cat out of the bag....

I'll keep my mouth shut from now on... Heh-heh...

FYI - I found a great deal at Stratosphere on www.aavacations.com if you are interested in avoiding the group discount. Looking at Thurs-Monday, it was only $221 with taxes. I'm out that long because of the drive from San Jose, it would obviously be cheaper if you took off days.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ill go... But Ill sit in csweeney's car so the other 6 owners dont diss me.

I wanted to take my g/f to Vegas for her first time when she turned 21. But I dont think we have time in our work schedules to go in February. This will be perfect. More the reason to go on out.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
curious... where does that name come from, csweeney?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure you are.... We are all creative in some way or another.. ;)

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
just not with creating names and stuff. My name would have been chilly, but it got screwed up on another forum, and then I decided to keep the same name on all the forums.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that makes sense. I usually don't go by DJ Spencer anymore, but it's what I've started with usernames around the 'net, just easier to stick to it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
DJ, you didn't do any harm, I just hadn't gotten round to posting over on this forum yet :) As for whats going on with it so far, I have a lot of things going on right now with organizing, everything is kinda crazy, but there should be an update on our website soon, and I may have a big surprise that involves autocross... And the rooms I'm egtting through group discount are much cheaper than 220/night, but thanks for trying :D check out the link in my signature in a few days time for info!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still waiting... ;)

What hotel are we looking at right now. I will probably have a room to myself and one friend, and then I am chancing on bringing another 2 friends, 1-2 rooms each - if that helps any.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mazda rally = Mazda meet, right?

I thought we were gonna rallycross with our Mazdas :) hehehe
WRC Mazda MPV!!! lol

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We could, I suppose... :)

D

·
0 Posts
We will be there representing for sure. My wife and I will have our Mazda6i and maybe some products on display. Im going to try to have as many products on display as I possibly can for the Mazda3, hopefully a 4-1 header and a cold air intake for sure. The cat back exhaust might be too big for us to transport, i dont know.

If MazdaGremlyn sticks with this meet and makes it a yearly thing, I can see it growing to be fairly large. I have seen meets like this grow to well over 200 cars in just 1-3 years.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like I've gotten screwed out of it this year....

First I was all set to drive out there on Thursday or Friday, then drive back on Monday (I like road trips). Then my brother and his family decided they would come to California for my father's birthday on the 5th. Then my company moved their summer picnic up two weeks -- to the 5th.

Ugh... So it looks like I'm not going to make it this year, which really bums me out. However, if anyone will be in Vegas next weekend (April 9-12) I'll be floating around town. My birthday is the 8th, and I'm going to let loose!!

Whoo-hoo!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey, just to let everyone know, this idea hasn't died. Updates coming soon, including what should be a really enticing hotel cost and a firmer itinerary. Check the website in a few days time for the info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts