Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
how does of the Ralliart handling compare to the Mazda 3?

I took a hard corner in the Mazda 3, and the Mazda 3 said "okay, dude... I hope you're ready" and with tenacious ferocity ate the corner up.

I haven't test driven the Ralliart yet, but I'm interested in knowing what your experiences have been?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I testdrove the Ralliart after the 3. The interior look and quality was a big turn off. The engine is nice and loud, and performs well. The thing that really made up my mind was the ride. You felt every single bump in the road. I drove it over the same streets as the 3, and the difference was dramatic. It was worse than the 2004 Sentra SE-R I used to have. I couldn't imagine being comfortable in the Ralliart during a long drive. However, at the time there was something like $2500 in rebates available. It would've been soooo cheap....but I'm extremely happy with my 3!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Terp03 said:
I testdrove the Ralliart after the 3. The interior look and quality was a big turn off. The engine is nice and loud, and performs well. The thing that really made up my mind was the ride. You felt every single bump in the road. I drove it over the same streets as the 3, and the difference was dramatic. It was worse than the 2004 Sentra SE-R I used to have. I couldn't imagine being comfortable in the Ralliart during a long drive. However, at the time there was something like $2500 in rebates available. It would've been soooo cheap....but I'm extremely happy with my 3!
Did the added stiffness allow harder cornering?
I know the Mazda 3 is quite stiff... but somehow, they managed to tune it so that it's comfortable as well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I like the old front end of the Lancer better and don't care for the new grill. Now all of the Mitsus have that same grill. I think I read in Automobile Magazine that Mitsu has been having some serious troubles, I'll have to find the article again and read it.

When I think of Mitsu, I put them in the same catagory as Kia and Hyndai in my mind. Maybe that isn't right, but that is the feeling I get. I do believe Mitsu is offering a 10 yr warranty now, like the Korean car companies are doing, this makes me think they are hurting.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ryan329 said:
I like the old front end of the Lancer better and don't care for the new grill. Now all of the Mitsus have that same grill. I think I read in Automobile Magazine that Mitsu has been having some serious troubles, I'll have to find the article again and read it.

When I think of Mitsu, I put them in the same catagory as Kia and Hyndai in my mind. Maybe that isn't right, but that is the feeling I get. I do believe Mitsu is offering a 10 yr warranty now, like the Korean car companies are doing, this makes me think they are hurting.
Mitsubushi hasn't been doing well in the US. They got screwed by offering financing to too many unqualified people who couldn't pay their loans. They actually just hired the CEO who turned Hyundai around. Hyundai was just rated as third most reliable car company (behind Honda and Toyota, by JD Powers), so the future looks good for Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
257 Posts
dugrant153 said:
Terp03 said:
Did the added stiffness allow harder cornering?
I know the Mazda 3 is quite stiff... but somehow, they managed to tune it so that it's comfortable as well.
The difference in handling didn't stand out while I was driving. However, I had the dealer in the car and I wasn't doing any "hard cornering". If the ride was smoother in the Ralliart, I would've given it some serious consideration.

·
Registered
257 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Terp03 said:
Hyundai was just rated as third most reliable car company (behind Honda and Toyota, by JD Powers)
In initial (90 day) build quality.

Its a significant improvement for Hyundai. I think its inaccurate to dismiss them as Ryan329 did.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Lets continue the Ralliart vs Mazda 3 stuff here, since I think Dinu01 has kinda pointed us all here. hehehe

Anyways, BC is completely sold out of Ralliart sedans. Mitsubishi is bringing out the 05's as replenishment.

So, despite their bad times, I think that the Ralliart is a good step in the right direction for Mitsubishi. Atleast they're selling SOME thing :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'll try to find out. But I also don't see many on the road. But there should be a few out in BC somewhere. Probably in Vancouver.

I like the Ralliart (for the moment) better than the Mazda 3 cuz the GT-A Evolution seats (which the Ralliart takes from the EVO) is nice and soft, yet firm enough to hold you in while cornering. They feel like sport seats (hug you from each side).

The Ralliart also had a ton of torque down low, and had quite a bit of get up and go. Not as civilized as the Mazda 3, though. Suspension is quite stiff.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.