Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I tried to get a video of the wobbling. All performance parts are stock so all of that which you hear is a mix of road noise and the wobble I'm referring to. The first few seconds are me trying to show the wheel shaking with no hands on it, but it wasn't picking up and I didn't feel safe so then I just filmed my watch / hand on the wheel. This is going 65 on a newly paved road btw

https://vimeo.com/116892157

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Tires are out of balance. It was probably doing that in the back all along and when you moved them to the front you had more direct feedback instead of just thru the seat, which damps the vibrations a lot. Do they have any abnormal wear? If not, just go get them rebalanced at a good shop.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Finished painting the A/C vents, trying to find a way to paint the glove box latch black now. Also am looking for a replacement trim piece over the old LCD display that covers the screen itself. Let me know if you're aware of anyone who can build one for me

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Finished painting the A/C vents, trying to find a way to paint the glove box latch black now. Also am looking for a replacement trim piece over the old LCD display that covers the screen itself. Let me know if you're aware of anyone who can build one for me
Couldn't you just fab that up yourself with some fiberglass? I've never done it before, but I think it'd work...

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Minitrucker found/made a flat dash trim piece to cover that area up. I know Pioneer sells little pockets to put phones, coins, bagels into but you'd have to remove the LCD screen.

Just get some thin wood to close the area up. Then bondo the gaps and sand to smooth and paint it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So I'd have to buy the whole thing and then just use that part? lol seems a bit much, but I'll probably do it anyway. I wonder if I could drill holes into the back and pull the usb cables through it

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Yeah my bad not Pioneer but Metra. Sometimes, and I mean super rarely you can find that piece in the kit or by itself at Best Buy. You can try to contact Metra directly to see if they will source it for you.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Wrap would hold up but it'll be hard not to play with it and with changing temperatures I'm sure that area will stay to sag and look deflated.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts