Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad bought her when it first came out, and has had it ever since. Now that I'm in college, he passed her on to me and went out to get a new car. I've not really done anything yet, aside from replace the wipers and get a cig. lighter plug for my phone. I'll add a rough list of things I want to do, but I'm open to suggestions on the colors, brands, etc. I'm pretty new both to this forum and the world of car mods, so I'd love some feedback. I'll put up more pics after she gets a bath, but it's supposed to rain tonight so she's looking pretty rough right now, hence the lack of pics...

Performance:
- Corksport SRI
- Corksport Power Series exhaust
- 1.5" Eibach Pro
- Koni yellow struts
- Replace high flow air filter

Interior:
- Eonon GM5151
- LED lighting kit
- Redlinegoods auto shift boot (black w/ yellow stitch)
- Redlinegoods e-brake boot (black w/ yellow stitch)
- Steel scuff plates
- HVAC knobs
- vinyl wrap steering wheel logo black
- PlastiDip / paint:
- AC vent bezels yellow
- HVAC knob bezels yellow
- Glove box latch black
- Door handles black
- Speaker bezels yellow

Exterior:
- HID kit
- LED reverse lights
- LED rear reflectors
- Door bumpers delete
- "3" badge delete
- Replace rear "M" with the evil M
- JBR mudflaps
- 28% tint all 'round
- OEM spoiler
- Front plate relocate
- PlastiDip / paint:
- Wheels (black, navy, or white)
- Emblems black
- Brakes yellow

[/url]IMG_4180 by john.pratt1321, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_4175 by john.pratt1321, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
Wow, a tastefully modded canary yellow sedan that is in good shape... you've got a rare gem there. Looking good!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, a tastefully modded canary yellow sedan that is in good shape... you've got a rare gem there. Looking good!!

Well, it's not tastefully modded yet lol, but soon hopefully! I'll probably get visuals out of the way first since they're cheaper. Gives me more time to do research on installs so I can do them myself & not pay people for it

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Well, it's not tastefully modded yet lol, but soon hopefully! I'll probably get visuals out of the way first since they're cheaper. Gives me more time to do research on installs so I can do them myself & not pay people for it
There's enough raw knowledge here we can walk you through a LOT of mods if you have the will to learn and a decent tool set.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's enough raw knowledge here we can walk you through a LOT of mods if you have the will to learn and a decent tool set.

Exactly my thinking. If I'm gonna start somewhere, it'll be with things related to MPG given my long(ish) commute to and from class each day. Maybe exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
6,350 Posts
My bad, misread. *Soon to be* :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered the HVAC knobs yesterday. Gonna paint them when they come in before putting them on. Dad's still having a hard time letting it go and is weary of my doing things to the car. He'll just have to get over it though

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the knobs in the mail while I was out of town this past weekend. I wanted to go ahead and put them on, despite not having painted them yet. That should come tomorrow morning
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413766989.577808.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the HVAC knobs painted yesterday, and put them on this morning. The picture has a bluish tint to it, but you get the idea. The yellow was still a bit too pale, but it's hard to notice a difference without setting them next to each other
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413898400.975037.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated pic. Got a GM5151 and installed it. The OEM display doesn't work though, so I'm looking for a solid trim piece to cover it and clean things up a bit. I'm noticing a bad wobble after getting my tires rotated, and I'm wondering if I need a new suspension. I'm pretty sure they're still the stock shocks and I'm up to 128K on mileage.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts