Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Mazda 3s
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
After about seven years of ownership of my 2009 Mazda 3s, I have run into the issue of the compressor cycling on and off repeatedly. I have tied it back to the evaporator thermostat, which seems to plague a lot of the earlier (2004-2005) 3's, and I know that user BillM had a thread and PDF diagram on how to create a resistor with a timer to trick the evaporator and allow it to run more frequently. Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places, but I believe that thread and file are no longer available, so does anyone know either (a) where this information is located or (b) has anyone done this modification that is currently active in the forums? Thanks!

Reactions: eatsushi

·
Registered
101 Posts
A while back, the forums were switched over to a different software. That process completely wrecked internal links to other threads.

Fortunately, I was able to find billm's profile and the thread he made for it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2009 Mazda 3s
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A while back, the forums were switched over to a different software. That process completely wrecked internal links to other threads.

Fortunately, I was able to find billm's profile and the thread he made for it. Hope this helps.

Hey! I appreciate the response, but it seems like the links that he gives for old posts to his solution don't work either. I think that there are some older threads in the forum "basement" that are not available due to the issue with links, which is where the content to his solution are located. I will check back occasionally here to see if someone has any other leads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts