Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So reading what a lot of people said, they all claimed a 2.5 swap in place of a 2.0 is nearly a simple drop and swap, meaning it will fit right in. Well my 2.0 threw a rod, and I spent the last of what I really could on a 2.5 and a few necessary things. Without being able to do deliveries, my money is tanking, and fast. Can someone PLEASE provide a parts list for me? Not just a link talking about the swap, I mean like a full on list of parts I need to do this swap. I dont know how much longer I have. (2007 Mazda 3)

·
Registered
78 Posts
It depends on how thorough you want to be. When I did a 2.3 to 2.5 swap I replaced every motor mount, hose, and belt that I could. I also used a new thermostat and water pump. These are optional steps to do but much easier with the engine out.

Assuming you’re using a Fusion engine you’ll be swapping the oil pan. I put a new strainer oil pick up tube in when I did this. Optional but my 2.3 had chunks of metal in the filter mesh so I didn’t want to reuse it.

Not optional are two new diamond washers for when you transfer the crankshaft pulley from old to new. Without them your timing could slip and destroy your new engine.

You need a set of timing tools to set the timing. A new valve cover gasket is a good idea. New spark plugs too. Of course you’ll need some silicone gasket maker for the oil pan and timing covers that you have to replace. In addition you need a new crankshaft bolt, they are not reusable.

You obviously need an engine crane, preferably two engine stands, and plenty of jacks and jack stands to support things during the pull process.

You also need to obtain an intake manifold adapter plate so your existing intake will properly mate with the 2.5. These are sold on eBay.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten some things but that list above should get you pointed in the direction that you are going.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts