Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mazda_Gremlyn said:
but thats not really important when you're getting 146 whether it come from 128 or 135, still an impressive gain, one you'll feel in the butt dyno for sure.
Impressive no doubt. Still, it would be interesting to see same day dynos, with and without the intake, maybe that is coming....

Darren

·
Registered
24 Posts
I cant wait to test it out with my "butt dyno"! I also found that the "squaling girlfriend in the passengers seat dyno" is a great indicator, especially on twisties :wink:

Would installing a CAI negate any warranties? Some manufacturers are pretty lenient with aftermarket modifications, but some are adamant that you must keep your car stock.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
128 whp to 146? thats amazing imo...
Its very possible. The motor can be choked up with a small outlet intake. I dont doubt the numbers, but more power always seems to = CELs or other problems.

Hope all testing goes well... dont want to see another Injen problem.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, more air can equal CEL's... todays cars are so controlled by computers that any changes tend to set of CEL's, if you don't have an ECU tune.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Intake and exhaust should come with a flash program of the ecu. It'll be expensive tho.....

·
Registered
251 Posts
schulkw said:
csweeney said:
schulkw said:
csweeney said:
You mean the Mazda3 2.3 L engine came from the MZ6, not M6. I believe there was an M6 already, and the 6 is not it. :)
Actually it's just a "6". But I've seen M3, MZ3, Mazda3, Mazda6, M6, MZ6, and I'm sure ppl have come up with more.
heh. My dealer writes MZ6 on everything. That's what was on my keys too when I got em. But, wasn't there an M6 already? I know somebody thought that that was what I got. :?
BMW puts M's in front of some. It's like their "mazdaspeed" version, only its not MazdaSpeed. Their new SUV is called "X3" and the new Grand Am is gonna be called G6.
BMW's M stands for Motorsport. All of the M Cars (the former M5 (E39), the E46 M3) are practically race car derived.

The new 6-series will have an M version, so there will be an M6.... just not a Mazda.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
vaBooM said:
Intake and exhaust should come with a flash program of the ecu. It'll be expensive tho.....
hehe...so after you put your intake and exhaust on you should get your ecu flashed?....woudlnt that work?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Its best to optimize the fuel and ignition settings after intake and exhaust mods. Maybe the computer contols it all, and it may need a chip or a flash program to adjust itself accordingly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Comon, somebody make a supercharger for MZ3. I dont have one, but if I buy one, I wouldnt mind putting extra $2500 into supercharger and have like 160-170 HP on AT MZ3. That should be quick for a little auto car... HEH

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Haris said:
Comon, somebody make a supercharger for MZ3. I dont have one, but if I buy one, I wouldnt mind putting extra $2500 into supercharger and have like 160-170 HP on AT MZ3. That should be quick for a little auto car... HEH
A low boost S/C would at least put out 190-200hp.

MZ6ZoomZoom said:
wouldn't bet on a supercharger anytime soon... look for a turbo first
Yep.. turbos generally walk the line first. But I dont know if a supercharger is possible. Its very tight in the belt area. And the piping to the drivers side would make people want to add I/Cs. And then they are gonna want the boost turned up because of the drop.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A nice low boost positive displacement blower would be just the ticket for this motor. No real need for intercooling at 5-6 psi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Somebody please post up a picture of the dyno graph for the MT 2.3 for the MZ3 in here. I would like to see the curve for the hp and the tq. thanks!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
well if its turbo first...then damn, iono i would want a supercharger also becuz i woudlnt be drag racing like crazy, i just want a lil boost without all the high maintenance...

·
Registered
131 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
well if its turbo first...then damn, iono i would want a supercharger also becuz i woudlnt be drag racing like crazy, i just want a lil boost without all the high maintenance...
I agree. One turbo car is enough for me. I believe Jackson Racing's S/C for the Focus SVT (170hp at the flywheel) put 225hp to the wheels. With the 3's larger displacement, variable valve timing, and some good tuning, I could see 225hp+ with about 8-9psi.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts