Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll tell you it has been a living hell trying to find turbocharger pieces to fit my 2011 Mazda 3 with a 2.5L engine and trying to find a turbo manifold to fit it has been worse. My question would be that if the turbo manifold meant for the speed trim with a 2.3L fit on my 2.5?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The MS3 and MZ3 engines share virtually nothing in common besides displacement. While it may be possible to adapt the MS3 header to you MZ3, it would probably be just as easy to add the required turbo mount to your present manifold.

Fab it up, and TIG it into place. If you don't have the skills to do this, you're in WAY over your head with the entire project.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MS3 and MZ3 engines share virtually nothing in common besides displacement. While it may be possible to adapt the MS3 header to you MZ3, it would probably be just as easy to add the required turbo mount to your present manifold.

Fab it up, and TIG it into place. If you don't have the skills to do this, you're in WAY over your head with the entire project.
Wait so one more question. If the turbo manifold in the title says that it can fit the MZR am i able to use that or no? Because I know for the most part what im doing and how to do it its just small specifics

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Just looking at pictures of the two I think it would probably fit, the bolt pattern and layout looks the same The MZ3 and MS3 engines are different but still share the same base design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts