Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2.3 L sedan have the same block as the Speed 3? I only ask because I want to know about running the oil and coolant lines for the turbo.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum-- there is a TON of great information here, including the answer to this question in at least a dozen other threads already. So, instead of copy/pasting your answer, I am honored to be the first to invite you to...

:mz3corkey:

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Well, "yes" is the simple answer. But since it's his first post, how can we assume he's not expecting the internals to be the same, and the speed3 turbo to "just work" if plumbed to his engine, etc etc... all those details have all been discussed 20 times before.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Sometimes asking someone to search is more helpful then providing the answer.

I have a difficult time doing that so I usually provide the answer :p

Regardless, welcome to the forum 2.3L3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the information is for the 2 L motor. I can't find anything about the 2.3 L. Have you read anything about that on here?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
You're welcome-- be sure to fill out your location and stuff in your profile, a lot of times it's best to get more local advice/help with stuff :)

Here's a good thread BTW which discusses what you're thinking about and a lot of other related details:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=125295.0

EDIT: that thread is also a great example of some of the asshats on here, feel free to ignore them. Heh.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
well no the blocks arent the same...the physicall blocks are almost the same castings but the speed 3 has an oil feed and oil return built into the head and block...and seperate coolant lines coming out of the thermostat housing. the speed 3 block has different internals, lower compression and the block itself is 30% stronger, but the bell housings for the trannies are the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the info I was looking for thanx guys. I'm in Maspeth, NY is anyone nearby??? (It's in Queens)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts