Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the US brochure and the US web site, the 3s models have a 2.3 emblem on the front doors but all of the actual cars I have seen do not have this emblem.

Does anybody know the story on this? The sales people at the local dealer (NoCal) did know anything about it.

I kind of like the way the emblem looks but I know many people prefer a cleaner look.[/img]

·
Registered
314 Posts
Depends on where you are I guess. I don't think any Mazda3 come with the 2.3 emblem in Canada.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Euro maybe?

Ive seen tons of 3s at my dealer... none have the sticker.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
You could probably order them... that's what happened with the MZ6 V6 emblem... it wasn't on the first batch of cars, then it was on like 3/4 of the 2003's, and now it isn't on the 2004's but hte dealer can get them.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I seen this on all of the cars at my local dealer. I wonder how long will it take until someone sticks one of these on a Mazda6 4 banger.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I think they put those 2.3 badges on the 3 only because that is the top-of-the-line engine choice you can get for it, same case for the 6, I believe they put a V6 badge on the V6 Mz6?

·
Registered
34 Posts
None of the 2.3s I've seen (including mine) have the sticker in Canada. My dealer said they weren't getting them until MAYBE next year, and I could get one then. I like it without.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes every one in canada will receive the 2.3 emblem at the end of january when the will changed the oil at the dealer

·
Registered
245 Posts
So in Canada at least, the dealers will be getting the badges and you'll have the option of having one installed? Can anyone confirm this? Sometimes dealers don't give the most relaiable info.

Anyone heard any such rumors south of the border?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I received a letter from mazda canada saying that the release the car sooner than it suppose to and the badge was not ready yet so they will send them to the delear to be install with you want. Same case with the floor mat. ireceived them 2 week after i got the car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
does it have the emblem on both front doors?

if it does, then that will look crappy, for me, id rather not have any badges!

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Why would you only want the 2.3 badge on only one door? On my Contour V6 I only have the "24V DOHC" badge on my driver's side, and I think there is supposed to be one on the passenger side also. It looks like IMO that you are missing a badge/it fell off. If I was only going to have one badge I would want it on the trunk lid. HMMM?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Honestly, the less things on the side, the better. I like the clean lines of the Mz3 and I think 2.3 markings will just reduce the cleanliness of the design. Then again, I'm sure the badges are optional, so I'll just tell the dealership no thanks. Oh, while I'm thinking about it, when I bought my car the salesman said I would receive a steering wheel looking thing with some touch-up paint and other small gifts from Mazda. Is this a unique deal? I know my dealership said they hadn't gotten any Mz3 accessories yet, so maybe there just aren't any gift packs yet?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I would have wanted it on the sides, but I'll take one on the rear right, opposite the Mazda3 logo.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts