Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with both cars to know whether this swap can be done.
I know anything is possible just wondering on suspension mount points and such.
Im getting a rearended MS6 for the swap 4360 miles, plan to put in Focus BIW.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have a shop full. I posted the pics so I wouldn't get the "You'll shoot your eye out kid" responses.
There is a V8 swap kit but I like the 2.3 DISI swap idea. Here is something else available as an organ donor.

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=srf link=topic=66259.msg1136496#msg1136496 date=1168130573]
Yes, I have a shop full. I posted the pics so I wouldn't get the "You'll shoot your eye out kid" responses.
There is a V8 swap kit but I like the 2.3 DISI swap idea. Here is something else available as an organ donor.

[/quote]

put THAT into the focus!

:)

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=Nutari link=topic=66259.msg1136506#msg1136506 date=1168130749]
[quote author=srf link=topic=66259.msg1136496#msg1136496 date=1168130573]

[/quote]

put THAT into the focus!

:)

[/quote]

+1000. I've seen it done, and I know there are RWD conversions for the Focus

·
Registered
639 Posts
D, is that you?! It's Focused, from FJ :D

I don't have much to add as far as what info you're looking for, but I don't doubt you'll be able to work something out! :goodjob:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Focused!
Yes it's Dan. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a propulsion system. Might have to go visit some dealers and do some measuring. lol
I plan to document the build here if they will have me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, no I have 4 focus last count. I'm looking for a powertrain for the white one shown above.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
very cool project, what class/club are you going to race the focus with?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, not really sure on the BIW, Might just build to my liking and do SVTOA, PDA, and NASA events.
Just posted pics of a 65 Vette I have for sale. I think I have it sold to someone, pics were posted for him. But if anyone else is interested let me know.
http://www.svtsalvage.com/

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
been wanting to do a few nasa TT events myself, I guess you would be an easy candidate for TTU. ;)

that vette looks nice, but is needing a few things to spice up its love life, is it all original? looks like the bushings and most of the stuff in the engine are, but I was too lazy to look at all the pics so im guessing the rest is as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NASA is fun to run with, basically show up and they will put you somewhere.
Vette is mostly stock. Not perfect or Bloomington Gold material but very solid driver. I couldn't see doing a frame off and making it a trailer queen, doesn't get driven enough now.
Think it's on it's way to Alabama.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, just blessed with good friends who are car guys. Not to side track this site I do plan to buy Mazda Speeds so I'll eventually have something to offer. Glad to say I havn't seen a single MS3 in the Salvage circuit, seen about 5 MS6's but not one MS3. For reference when the Focus SVT came out there was about 2 a week wrecked.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts