Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i got a 2.0L 08 HB, right now it haves K&N short ram, OBX header, HKS hi power muffler with 2.25 piping. im planing on getting the weapon R intake mani for christmas + a tune.
the question is .. what can i use to tune this for a good MPG? i was thinking on buying an MS cause i havent find anything that helps tune the 2.0. anny suggestions ?

·
Registered
749 Posts
[quote author=3driverPA link=topic=162229.msg3444518#msg3444518 date=1260036389]
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=126390.0

A few topics down. I think we can lock this biznitch!

[/quote]

Well, not really! If he wants a piggy back, then yes the sb would be a reasonable choice. If he wants a tune, then he has several choices, won't ya say? PSI, DPTune, or even the mazdaedit, or hell, how about hypertech?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but the SB isntout for the 2.0 enginge yet. im searching for tunes for 2.0 in the market right now.
isnt the MS a good option ?
how obout the mazdaedit.. do i have to send my ecu to them ?

·
Registered
749 Posts
No, there are only two copies of mazdaedit in the us right now. I have one(which we don't use) and thereis someone in ohio that has the other. You need to take you whole car if you want the mazda edit route. And be prepared top spend some time on the dyno(3-4hours). Or you can send the pcm to DPtune, or PSI if you are in canada, and have it remaped and returned the next day.

StratoBlue is currently running DPTune on a 2.0 Mazda 3. PM him and see what he thinks about the flash.......Dyno

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the problem is that im in colombia south america...
so how about if i use a split second ?

·
Registered
749 Posts
[quote author=Yotis link=topic=162229.msg3445533#msg3445533 date=1260136623]
well the problem is that im in colombia south america...
so how about if i use a split second ?
[/quote]

SS ia really only good if you want to turbo and need to pull timming and dump in more fuel.

If you wanna overnite your pcm, we can get it back to youn in 24 hours. And yes even to South America! We have lots of customers in SA!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, actually im planing on getting the F2 S/C kit, so will the SS still work ?
if not, ill see if i can send my PCM to u guys :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
[quote author=Yotis link=topic=162229.msg3445968#msg3445968 date=1260158708]
well, actually im planing on getting the F2 S/C kit, so will the SS still work ?
[/quote]

if all you want to do is dump in more fuel and pull timing, the ss will work. It is not an easy unit to set up on the 3 due to the dual inputs for timing, but it can be done

·
Registered
12,758 Posts
hey yotis i have a 2.0L with dyno's reflash!! its sick dude power gains are awesome with no more gov and a 8500 redline!!!!!!! shoot me a PM or check dyno's thread for answers to your questions!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
[quote author=Yotis link=topic=162229.msg3445968#msg3445968 date=1260158708]
[/quote]

Are you going to buy the stage1 kit? If so it comes with their own tuning solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey yotis i have a 2.0L with dyno's reflash!! its sick dude power gains are awesome with no more gov and a 8500 redline!!!!!!! shoot me a PM or check dyno's thread for answers to your questions!
Hey, I have Mazda 3 2008 2.0L Turbocharged. My car really need Tune so bad wondering where did you Tune your 2.0L? There isn’t software available on my area. It’s hard to find places like this. I was thinking StandAlone ECU but very expensive.

·
Super Moderator
1,207 Posts
Hey, I have Mazda 3 2008 2.0L Turbocharged. My car really need Tune so bad wondering where did you Tune your 2.0L? There isn’t software available on my area. It’s hard to find places like this. I was thinking StandAlone ECU but very expensive.
You are replying to a 10+ year old post made by someone who hasn't made a post here for nearly 7 years; do not expect a response.

Regarding a "Tune", if you are going to play in the aftermarket turbocharger world, expect to spend a lot of money.

Basically your options are:
  • High power
  • Long term reliability
  • Low cost
Pick two of the three.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts