Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, can someone tell me the engine rpm withthe 2.0l at 100 km/h and a manual transmission. I don't trust brunolong's site cause it says that the 2.3 l with a manual will be about 2500 but it's really 2750

·
Registered
106 Posts
ibanez78 said:
hi everyone, can someone tell me the engine rpm withthe 2.0l at 100 km/h and a manual transmission. I don't trust brunolong's site cause it says that the 2.3 l with a manual will be about 2500 but it's really 2750
Can't tell you about the manual but the auto spins at 3000rpm at about 130kph. Manual should be just as low if not lower.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's good to know, next question, can you hear the engine at that speed?
in my protege at 100 km/h you can hear the engine reving,in the 2.3l 3 that i was in at 100 you couldn't hear the engine at all, just some wind noise

·
Registered
519 Posts
no. i can't really say i hear the engine at that speed. its more just road noise coming from the tires... perhaps if i turn off the music it would be more discernable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Car is still pretty quiet at speeds. At 120kph you feel as if you are doing 80. A big improvement in NVH than the Protege. :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
WELL well.... first of all, I dunno which site u went to that told u the 2.3 would cruise @2500rpm at 100km/h.

According to CanadianDriver.com test drive, the car does go at 2750rpm @100km/h.........and in reality.. i tried and it does right at that rpm.

The engine is real quiet. But the manual already reaches 3000rpm at 110km/h already. So i guess the auto cruises at a lower rpm.

But im interested as to how the 2.0L performs at highway speeds too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts