Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Mazda 3 with auto trans and 2.0 motor. just bought it and it will shift into 1st and 2nd fine but goes into 3rd and will slip rpms go up and will not go any faster than about 25 mph. The AT light comes on after about driving it for a block. That’s when manual mode does not work and will not laminate the gears. No check engine light a scan showed a pending code p0762 shift solenoid c stuck on. thought it was a Tcm but learned that there is no Tcm under battery. Should I change solenoid c

·
Registered
502 Posts
Could be that's the issue. Are you sure there's no TCM under the battery? Maybe a previous owner relocated it. Either way, your trouble code is pointing to an issue with the solenoid, so that's a starting point. I wouldn't replace the solenoid unless you research that code to be certain. You don't speak to the number of miles on the car, which makes me believe that the fluid and filter may never have been changed. That's a big problem with automatic transmissions is people thinking they never have to be maintained. The solenoid would be sticking due to a fault with the component itself, or it's most likely sticking due to debris in the fluid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No TCM under battery, i checked I the area and could not find a wire harness for it near the battery. it has 107,000 miles and I changed transmission fluid and put on new filter Nothing changed. Ready to take it in because I’m out of ideas. I’m was wondering if the tcm was part of Ecu?

·
Registered
502 Posts
No TCM under battery, i checked I the area and could not find a wire harness for it near the battery. it has 107,000 miles and I changed transmission fluid and put on new filter Nothing changed. Ready to take it in because I’m out of ideas. I’m was wondering if the tcm was part of Ecu?
It's possible the TCM is part of the ECU on the 2.0L models. I am not familiar with them. 107K miles is not bad for a 2009. I'd have a transmission shop check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I agree with Ecu and tcm Being in the all in the ecu. I was hoping someone had same problem and could help. I haven’t heard of anyone replacing ecu to fix transmission problems on these 2.0’s. I’m afraid to take it in because I think they will want to put a new tranny in it. Plus the Better tranny places in Michigan don’t do foreign cars and there are not many Mazda’s in Michigan.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Search around the 'net. You may be surprised what you find. It may just be a solenoid swap and you're good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
check here

or candian mazda forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 2.0 has no TCM. It was offered on the 2.3 only. I had a transmission issue similar to yours. It would sputter on my 4-3 downshift and got progressively worse as i drove it. CEL/Trans lights would both illuminate for a second. Changed trans fluid and filter. Problem still persisted. Eventually it would stall and go into limp mode.....threw the dreaded p0606. After looking threw Mitchell, i narrowed it down to the B/C transmission solenoids. Since mazda recommends that the A/T fluid is for life, thats one of things thats starts the domino effect. Mine was nearly black @ 125k. It will cause the solenoids to stick and eventually burn out. 2 out of the six have 1 pin for voltage to activate. The negative is grounded through the solenoid housing and completes the circut through the valve body. The ecu couldn’t communicate since that path was broken. I would change fluid/filter and just buy all six solenoids to be safe. You can find sets on sleezebay between 50-80$. The high end includes the valve body as well. The ecu/tcm is one unit....FYI. Just drain and drop the pan. Change out The solenoids one at a time. Shes up and running now, just waiting on a Cam position sensor. Those are usually next to go. Part of the problem was also my input speed sensor, causing the stall. You can literally change out all the main sensors for less than 100$. Dont call your local parts dealers. They gave me prices that ranged from 60-140$ per sensor! Just play the waiting game and grab them off Amazon and eBay. Most, if mot all, are rebrands anyway........i hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2.0 has no “external” TCM,........i forgot to put that at the beginning....

·
Registered
502 Posts
The 2.0 has no TCM. It was offered on the 2.3 only. I had a transmission issue similar to yours. It would sputter on my 4-3 downshift and got progressively worse as i drove it. CEL/Trans lights would both illuminate for a second. Changed trans fluid and filter. Problem still persisted. Eventually it would stall and go into limp mode.....threw the dreaded p0606. After looking threw Mitchell, i narrowed it down to the B/C transmission solenoids. Since mazda recommends that the A/T fluid is for life, thats one of things thats starts the domino effect. Mine was nearly black @ 125k. It will cause the solenoids to stick and eventually burn out. 2 out of the six have 1 pin for voltage to activate. The negative is grounded through the solenoid housing and completes the circut through the valve body. The ecu couldn’t communicate since that path was broken. I would change fluid/filter and just buy all six solenoids to be safe. You can find sets on sleezebay between 50-80$. The high end includes the valve body as well. The ecu/tcm is one unit....FYI. Just drain and drop the pan. Change out The solenoids one at a time. Shes up and running now, just waiting on a Cam position sensor. Those are usually next to go. Part of the problem was also my input speed sensor, causing the stall. You can literally change out all the main sensors for less than 100$. Dont call your local parts dealers. They gave me prices that ranged from 60-140$ per sensor! Just play the waiting game and grab them off Amazon and eBay. Most, if mot all, are rebrands anyway........i hope this helps!
Your story is one which I wish everyone would read when they regurgitate that BS about "My car has lifetime transmission fluid." No such thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts